“Poor experience”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cordova
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Poor experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Everything was just average, nothing above expectation, nothing memorable. What made it awful though was the lack of customer service. House keeping knocked at 9AM despite the Do Not Disturb sign. We had been at a late concert and were enjoying sleeping in. We left for the day and upon return found that the room was not cleaned. I went to the front desk for new towels and tissue.
The next morning the same thing happened, this time our DND sign was missing all together, they took it off the door. When we left I told the front desk so the room could be cleaned. Upon return at 11PM the room was unclean, two days in a row! I had to once again go to the desk at 11PM to get more towels/toiletries and was told that it happens. I asked for the manager to contact me and I'm still waiting a week later.
Also, rooms were a little shoddy, pillows were horrible and the outside doors didn't lock, anyone could get in. It is also at least 20-30 minutes from downtown Memphis, not easy to get to.
Stay anywhere else, for the same price or a few dollars more you'll have a better experience and there are plenty of options in the area.

Room Tip: To get the best room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cape May, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this Wingate for two nights during an extended road trip of the south. We liked the Cordova location with its proximity to a variety of restaurants as well as shopping areas, and ease of traveling to our Memphis destinations. Our room, located on the third floor away from the main highway, proved to be very quiet. It was clean, tidy, comfortable, roomy, and satisfactory for our stay. We liked having a microwave and fridge in the room. The laundry room on the second was convenient. This room had a table and a chair so I could to read in the laundry room, and did not have to run back and forth to the third floor. We found the entire house staff to be courteous and friendly.

We only experienced a few problems. Most of the them had to do with the fitness center. On our first night, I was unable to get the TV to work using the remote. The young lady at the front desk was gracious enough to come in and help by standing on a chair and pushing buttons on the back of the TV to get it to work. However, some of the fitness equipment was not working. The stationary bicycle did not work at all even though it was plugged in. The treadmill was so loud that I could not hear the TV even with the volume level rather high. That left the weight machine and stair climber which did work. The second night the TV remote worked!!!! I wish I could say the same for the machines. They still did not work. Several other people came in to use the machines and were also disappointed. The hot tub, which I did not use, looked great, but I only saw a few people using it.

The breakfast was the usual Wingate fare with the addition of sausage gravy and biscuits which was a treat for this northerner!! Breakfast was adequate and ample. On our second morning, I forgot to bring some medication to breakfast, so I took a carton of skim milk to the room. With the first sip, I knew the milk was sour. I immediately went down and reported it to the lady in charge of supplying the breakfast area. The milk, past the expiration date, was removed, and replaced with fresh milk. I also reported this to the front desk.

This Wingate did not have coffee and tea in the lobby for all to use any time of the day as some Wingates do, and did not give a snack bag to Wyndham card holders as some Wingates do. Even with the few minor problems, we enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Verona, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here for spring break. The location is good, you're about 20 minutes from downtown, maybe a few more minutes away from Graceland.
The hotel was booked relatively heavy the nights we stayed, but the noise levels were quiet after 10pm. Rooms were good, beds could stand for an upgrade, as I was sore both mornings. Could use some minor maintenance but in general, the hotel was in good shape. Continental breakfast is what you would expect. Some hot items, but well maintained by staff with the heavy traffic.
Don't expect the world from this hotel and you will find that it is more than satisfactory for the rate.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank WICampFamily
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nicest hotel in the area. I was surprised at the price. Wingate is practically a miniature Wyndham hotel. Very clean and all the amenities. Lots of dining choices near this location.

• Stayed March 2012
Springfield, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is the first time that I stayed in a Wingate. I booked the room on behalf of my aging parents, and because the requested that we stay in this hotel along with some of their friends. The rooms were spacious with fridge and microwave. They linens were clean and the bath towels were excellent.

In every way the staff was attentive and helpful and we all enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in the mornings.

The topper to a great experience was that after we left we received a call from the hotel management to tell us we had left something in the room. My father had left a folder that contained cash. The maid found it and turned it in and it is presently in the mail to my parents address. How refreshing it was for my 80 + year old parents to get such a call. It is good to know there are honest people still left in our nation.

There are also some good restaurants across the street. Excellent stay.

Room Tip: The rooms were kingsize beds with a couch. Very nice and spacious. On the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Spent Two nights in this Hotel in March 2012. The Hotel was clean, comfortable and accomodating. The staff was friendly and the Breakfast was very good. I am returning to Memphis next week and plan on staying at this Hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Conway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Overall stay was okay, until I pulled the bed sheets back only to find a fresh blood stain.
Small, but definately fresh. This indicated that the sheets had not been washed. At the prices they charge you would think they would at least wash the sheets!

I contacted the hotel and got an email apology.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TylerDConway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#3 of 6 in Cordova
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cordova/Memphis/by Wolfchas

Been to Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis? Share your experiences!