All reviews full kitchen home away from home granola bars stayed for nights memphis area short stay one night stay restaurants and shopping stove refrigerator pets facility dresser
Reviewed March 31, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Studio Plus in Feb 2001
....We live in Italy and we were visiting my family in Memphis. Although Cordova is not my favorite place, we found the Studio Plus very comfortable with many conveniences.The stove and many cable channels were a big plus..The service was especially friendly and efficient. As I write this, it is our last day at the Extended Stay on Quail Hollow..We chose it because of the location and reasonable price, but the next time we visit we will go to Studio Plus in Cordova..for a few dollars more per day, we could have been far more comfortable than it has been here!

Date of stay: February 2003
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 1, 2005

I had recently stayed at the Studio Plus in Cordova at 8110 Cordova Centre Drive. First of all, the directions were not very good. We could not find a Cordova Centre Drive. The hotel pictured is either not of the hotel or it is very old. The hotel is not in a rural setting at all. It is right next to a steak house and other city buildings. I had first called the hotel to find out about it and had been told the first two floors were non smoking. This is a very important item to me as I get terrible migraines from secondhand smoke and even smoke in fabrics and I also suffer from asthma. I was told to book online as it would be less expensive and I did. I had booked over a month in advance and had requested a non smoking room and stressed the importance of this in the comments. When we got to the hotel and were sent up to the non smoking room my husband opened the door and it smelled so badly of smoke that he immediately shut it. I could smell the stale smoke from the room from a few feet away. We went down and explained that we needed a non smoking room and had been told that the floor was non smoking. They first said that they cannot help that the room had been smoked in that they have no control over their guests. Then I was told that they never heard of a non smoking floor. They said some of the rooms are smoking and some are not. They gave me two other keys and sent me upstairs to see if we could stay in either of them. The first one had a strong smell of rug shampoo as someone had just cleaned it. The other room had just been sprayed with lysol and had a little sign on the table that said no smoking. We went back downstairs and explained what we found and the person at the desk called around to other affiliated hotels in the area looking for a non smoking room. There were none. As the smell of rug shampoo can also trigger migraines and asthma we tried to stay in the room with the Lysol. We tried opening the window to try to air it out but the strong smell of smoke from the restaurant made that impossible. Since we had just driven over a thousand miles we did not want to look for another hotel. I tried getting a natural air freshener and sprayed that in the room to try to make it tolerable. I also have an air cleaner which I put to work. We survived 2 nights there and I got 2 migraines. I would not stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2005
4  Thank Adventurer30870
Reviewed October 11, 2004

We had a reservation for a two-week stay. The location was good because of its proximity to the business which brought us here in the first place. But after a 12-hour drive, we arrived to find our room hadn't been cleaned from the previous tenant. In fact, none of the empty rooms had been seen by housekeeping. Another couple with a small child was also frustrated and waiting in the small lobby until a room could be made ready for them. After two hours' waiting, we were finally in our room. The sofa in our room was deplorable. It was filthy with stains of unknown origin. I complained about it on the weekend we arrived. I was told that nothing could be done about it until Monday, but she gave me a blanket to cover it until then. Monday came and nothing was done about it. The employee was completely uncaring about my complaint. She finally contacted the corporate office for me and they managed to get the maintenance person to shampoo the sofa. In fairness, they are currently replacing old furniture with new, so they're aware that the old stuff is awful. But they were quite content to let me sit on it for now and couldn't understand why I wasn't happy about it. While a select few of the employees were cordial, the majority of them were rude, insensitive, and uncaring. It was almost as though they delighted in disappointing. The environment in the lobby was not hospitable ~ no coffee, a TV with objectionable shows blaring, the front-desk person consistently on the phone with many calls unrelated to business. One afternoon, one of the employees was actually sleeping sitting up in a chair in the lobby. There is no place to go outside to be comfortable ~ no picnic table, no chairs of any kind. Just a parking lot. So when you're here for an extended stay, it feels more like a prison. The washers continually leaked all over the floor. Housekeeping did not come on the scheduled day and when I asked to have it the following day, she asked me what I wanted done because I wasn't on the schedule to be done that day. To sum it all up, I felt like I was being treated like a nuisance rather than a valued patron. I have never complained about any other hotel in my life, and I've travelled extensively. I've stayed in cleaner, nicer, and friendlier places in foreign countries. I came to refer to this hotel as "the dreadful place." My best advice is to avoid this one at all costs.

10  Thank Dreamer30435