All reviews granola bars low rate stove shopping concern pets
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2018

I am on my 3rd week of a 6 month stay. I am here for business. I took a chance on this place be cause of the the low rate and it is very close to where I'm working. First, I must say that ALL staff members (including the cleaning staff) that I have encountered have been courteous, professional and eager to resolve issues. But sadly, a great staff and a low rate is not enough!

After the 1st week, I was moved to another room due to bugs in my bed. During my 1st shower in my new room I discovered the drain was clogged. But the kicker was last night when I decided to cook something in the oven. Words cannot describe how disgusting and filthy the inside of the stove was. So, I've uploaded a photo.

Room tip: It may be a good deal for 1 night but not a good place to stay for extended visits.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

Thank you for posting a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies for the issue you experienced in your initial room. We have shared your feedback with the respective team, and we have taken actions to ensure that we do not repeat these problems going forward. However, we are happy that our staff did their best to accommodate you in another room. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please stop by the front desk.

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday because of the $58 rate. That was the first mistake. We ignored the reviews to save some money. All we did was throw away money on a dump. Roaches in the kitchen. We have to isolate our bags when we get home until we are sure no roaches crawled in our suitcases.

Someone had a dog that kept barking loudly. Doors slamming all night long. The mattress on the convertible bed was filthy with bodily fluids. There was a couch from a room dumped in the back of the hotel. Is this a junk yard? All signs were clearly there to stay away from this place. We were told that there was nothing that could be done about any of our concerns or as they see it complaints. They only cared about getting our money. Do these employees know that they are in the hospitality business? It’s more like shut up and deal with it now that we have your money. They treat and talk to their guests as if we are inmates in a prison. Buyer Beware!

Trip type: Traveled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2018

It is disappointing to read your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies, as we never mean to disappoint our guests in any way, and we failed in this attempt. We can assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable by our standards, and we will be reviewing and altering our guidelines to provide a more wonderful experience for every guest entering our doors. We hope you will afford us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

I can’t believe how my fiancé and I were treated. I’ve never been so insulted in my life.

I checked in after a long drive and my fiancé had taken the car to get some coffee and drinks.

The room itself was old and somewhat dirty - but that’s not the main issue. When my fiancé returned (I had already texted her the room number) the phone rings and the lady at the front desk says a ‘suspicious lady’ entered my room and that this establishment doesn’t tolerate such behavior.

I lost my cool and said she was my fiancé but the lady insisted and threatened to call the cops. Like literally they were the morality police or something.

I have never been so insulted in my life. I decided to take my business elsewhere. And btw the hotel is FULL of shady characters. People were smoking weed outside the exit and beer bottles were littered next to the trash can.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Your feedback will assist us in our efforts to continually improve our service and guest experience. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We stayed here for a long weekend on a visit to Memphis. We fell asleep around 11:30 p.m. only to be awakened by people talking loudly and yelling in the hallway around 2:00 a.m. We continuously called the front desk with no answer.

We were awakened before 7:00 a.m. on Friday to a man unloading a trailer filled with wooden pallets. We were awakened early in the morning before 8:00 to the same man for the remainder of the weekend. We don’t understand why management allows this man to use the hotel’s parking lot for his business storage needs. We learned that this man has stored this trailer here for weeks and unloads it early in the morning. This shows no consideration for the other guests.

When we contacted Extended Stay, they provided no solution and refused to offer any type of compensation for our horrendous experience. So there is no need for Extended Stay to post a message stating that they are sorry for the experience and to give them another chance because we did tell them and they did absolutely nothing.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank WaterfrontLiving
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Please accept our apologies for the service and noise issues you experienced and for our failure to address them to your satisfaction. We are terribly sorry for the disruptions and hope that you will consider staying with us again so we can demonstrate the superb hospitality that you should have received on this visit. Once more, we do apologize and hope you & your friends will afford us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

This is not a hotel for business or vacation travelers. There are many local residents who live here full-time. We were shocked but we should have known by all the cars in the parking lot with Tennessee license plates. We see now that many of the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor came from these guests who live in Memphis or Cordova.

It is no better than a halfway house. Many of the residents are physically, emotionally, and mentally disabled. People who are high or drunk go in and out of the side entrances or block the entrances while they smoke in groups. Residents leave their doors to their rooms open. We did not feel safe. All of the rooms are studios. Many of the rooms have five or more people living in them with many small and teenage children running up and down the hallways yelling. There is no Security.

There is no self-serve business center and the rooms are dingy and musty with worn furniture and carpet. Slow Internet and very limited cable channels. No one wants to stay in a halfway house when on vacation or on business. Stale granola bars, muffins, and some instant cereal for breakfast.

We checked out and checked into a local Marriott Fairfield Inn with kitchenette, full breakfast, fitness center, free hi-speed Wi-Fi, and swimming pool which was a great deal and met our business and personal needs. We felt safe going in and out of the hotel during the day and night. We moved to the Marriott Fairfield Inn because we wanted to be treated as valued hotel guests not as residents of a halfway house.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Thank you for being our guest. We are disappointed to read we were not able to deliver you with a stellar stay. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you encountered while you were here. Your feedback has been discussed with the appropriate team in an effort to enhance our facilities going ahead. It is never our intention to disappoint you in any way, and we hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.