“Convenient and comfortable”

Extended Stay America - Memphis - Cordova
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cordova
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Stayed for 2 nights while visiting family nearby. My stay was a pleasant surprise. I'd driven by the hotel on earlier visits and was a little nervous about the stay, since it looks like an older apartment building from the outside and I am a female traveling alone, but I was pleased overall. The hotel does feel like a dorm or apartment house with cooking smells and fluorescent-lit hallways, but the room itself was clean and comfortable, if a bit worn. I appreciated having a recliner in the room for relaxing while watching TV instead of having to use the desk chair, and the refrigerator in the kitchen was nice to have. Staff were wonderfully friendly. Location is convenient to many restaurants and shops along a highway. Basically, it is a basic motel with the added value of a mini-suite with full kitchen. Nothing fancy, but good nonetheless. For the price I bid on priceline, I'd stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank esptraveler

Reviewed February 11, 2010

I was very surprise to see how friendly the staff were and how clean the rooms were. I would highly recommend this location to anyone staying in Memphis.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank arkdrifter
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel was very clean, roomy and great location. Great price through priceline!!! Everything in our room worked perfectly. Loved the full kitchen!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MsFrue
Reviewed April 1, 2009

I stayed at StudioPlus Cordova TN for almost a month. Frankly, I've never stayed at extended-stay type of hotels before in my life. This was my first-time experience in this type of hotels and in Cordova, TN too. I really-really enjoyed my stay there! The hotel staff and the hotel manager were extermely nice and hospitable. The room itself (including kitchen) was wide and clean. The kitchen includes everything you need (dishes, microwave, toaster, washer and a fridge). I read complaints of the other reviewers, and was expecting some "unpleasant surprises" too. I should say that there were nothing for me to complain about. I was fully satisfied with the hotel.
The hotel is well-located (within a walking distance) to most restaurants and Kroger too. I believe this hotel is a very good bargain for the price you are paying.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank Vandygirl53
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I like this location a lot. Its a great place to stay and to get away from the usually crowd.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dckennedy2000
Reviewed April 13, 2008

I was placed in this hotel via Priceline's name your own price feature. At first I was weary of staying in an extended stay hotel for only one night, and after reading the reviews here, I was not looking forward to my stay at all.

I arrived a little after midnight to the hotel and was greeted by a very nice woman at the front desk. I was in need of two beds (or one bed and a sleeper sofa), but my reservation indicated my room had only one queen. Their website said the rooms with a sleeper sofa had an additional charge. I was prepared to have to deal with the upcharge, but was surprised to find my room already had one. I'm not sure if they always do this, but the front desk lady called about five minutes after we got into our room to make sure we had everything we needed. There was also a good selection of places to eat nearby and a Starbucks across the street.

My advice is to understand what you a getting into at this hotel. It is a affordable, budget hotel which I have rated "above average" for its class. It's by no means a 4 star hotel, but the rooms are adequately appointed and spacious for the money. The kitchenette area with a full refrigerator would be nice if I were staying for a few days. There are smoking rooms at the hotel and from the smell of it passing some of the rooms, people do smoke in there. If you are sensitive to smoke, I would call ahead and request a non-smoking room. And finally, bring your own pillow if you are going to be there for more than one day. The ones they have will pass for an evening, but would not be great for more than that.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 16, 2007

First of all, we waited for a while to checkin as the clerk was obviously extremely slow or having computer problems or something. Then after waiting, we went upstairs to discover we had been given a room with one bed when the reservation was for a room with two beds. There were four adults so obviously we needed more than one bed. There was a fold out couch so we had to go back downstairs to get linens for that. When we did, I told the clerk that the room was not the room we reserved and she simply went to retrieve the linens we requested and never even commented on the fact that we had been given the wrong room.
When we returned to our room, it was quite late and we made the fold out bed, retrieved extra blankets from the closet to discover they were covered with dried bodily fluids. I AM SERIOUS!!! Both of the spare blankets were covered in it.
WE were so exhausted by this point, we opted to do without. And not have to go back downstairs AGAIN.
Obviously they do not clean the spare blankets.
Other than that the room was ok for the price. With taxes and all it was $80. Quite frankly had I known I would have paid $10 or $20 extra to stay at the Hampton Inn.
Additionally, there was an awful odor in the hall that smelled like the building had been flooded or something, but the room smelled ok. This building looks new on the outside, I could not figure out why it is so unkept.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#4 of 6 in Cordova
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wolfchase-Memphis, TN
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cordova/Memphis/by Wolfchas
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Germantown

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Cordova? Share your experiences!