“Relaxtion”

Extended Stay America - Memphis - Cordova
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cordova
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I like this location a lot. Its a great place to stay and to get away from the usually crowd.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dckennedy2000

Reviewed April 13, 2008

I was placed in this hotel via Priceline's name your own price feature. At first I was weary of staying in an extended stay hotel for only one night, and after reading the reviews here, I was not looking forward to my stay at all.

I arrived a little after midnight to the hotel and was greeted by a very nice woman at the front desk. I was in need of two beds (or one bed and a sleeper sofa), but my reservation indicated my room had only one queen. Their website said the rooms with a sleeper sofa had an additional charge. I was prepared to have to deal with the upcharge, but was surprised to find my room already had one. I'm not sure if they always do this, but the front desk lady called about five minutes after we got into our room to make sure we had everything we needed. There was also a good selection of places to eat nearby and a Starbucks across the street.

My advice is to understand what you a getting into at this hotel. It is a affordable, budget hotel which I have rated "above average" for its class. It's by no means a 4 star hotel, but the rooms are adequately appointed and spacious for the money. The kitchenette area with a full refrigerator would be nice if I were staying for a few days. There are smoking rooms at the hotel and from the smell of it passing some of the rooms, people do smoke in there. If you are sensitive to smoke, I would call ahead and request a non-smoking room. And finally, bring your own pillow if you are going to be there for more than one day. The ones they have will pass for an evening, but would not be great for more than that.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed September 16, 2007

First of all, we waited for a while to checkin as the clerk was obviously extremely slow or having computer problems or something. Then after waiting, we went upstairs to discover we had been given a room with one bed when the reservation was for a room with two beds. There were four adults so obviously we needed more than one bed. There was a fold out couch so we had to go back downstairs to get linens for that. When we did, I told the clerk that the room was not the room we reserved and she simply went to retrieve the linens we requested and never even commented on the fact that we had been given the wrong room.
When we returned to our room, it was quite late and we made the fold out bed, retrieved extra blankets from the closet to discover they were covered with dried bodily fluids. I AM SERIOUS!!! Both of the spare blankets were covered in it.
WE were so exhausted by this point, we opted to do without. And not have to go back downstairs AGAIN.
Obviously they do not clean the spare blankets.
Other than that the room was ok for the price. With taxes and all it was $80. Quite frankly had I known I would have paid $10 or $20 extra to stay at the Hampton Inn.
Additionally, there was an awful odor in the hall that smelled like the building had been flooded or something, but the room smelled ok. This building looks new on the outside, I could not figure out why it is so unkept.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2007

The room we reserved was dirty, the next room they took us to was also dirty and the beds had not been made up, the third room they took us to (claiming the only room available) had two beds, which they had the nerve to try to charge us an extra 10.00 a night when we checked out. The room we finally bedded down in turned out to be ant infested, had no pots and pans or utensils, both electrical plugs in the bath did not workand the TV was blurry and appareantly on it's last legs. The swimming pool which is out doors was filthy and had not been cleaned in a long long time. No free contenential breakfast as advertised, oh did i mention serveral elderly folk milling around in the lobby, all of whom were noticeably intoxicated. Just a lovely place, can't wait to stay there again------NOT

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank bobbkat
Reviewed June 13, 2007

I booked this room on Priceline.com. We arrived here after an 8 hour drive. My sons, 7 & 10 were looking forward to (and really needed to expend the energy) the swimming pool. They were in for less than 2 minutes when they discovered a cigarette butt and other trash floating in the deep end. Upon further inspection, I could see lots of trash in the bottom. I tried to use the pool tools to clean it, but they were broken (no wonder it wasn't clean). When i asked the manager about it, she said that her maintenance man had cleaned it before he went home a few hours earlier. I don't believe it. The beds
were like trampolines and my back hurt the next morning. In addition,
i asked for an extra pillow, and the manager said they didn't have extras for the "standard" rooms. HUH? /This is an extended stay place, with a kitchen ( but it had no pots and pans?), so no free breakfast or ice machine OR shamoo. They had wireless internet available but it was VERY slow and you had to pay $5/ night plus tax to use it. I did use their workout room - the stairmaster and treadmill worked fine. The manager was pleasant but basically said her hands were tied and they desperately needed a renovation.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2007

Our experience at the Cordova Studio Plus was very disappointing. Cordova is a very nice area, and we obviously stayed at the only dump in town. The odor was horrible as soon as we walked into the building. A drunk man was trying to pay for an extra room (after staying there for 2 weeks), and the desk clerk offered him a room that had been turned down because of pet hair that was found by other patrons. When we checked into our room, we discovered hair on our sheets and pillows, plus on the extra blanket in the closet AND on the bathroom floor. (Did I also mention the odor???) Other people (with whom we were traveling) had the same complaints... some switched rooms and others found another hotel. We bought new linens and pillows before sleeping in bed. The swimming pool had duck poop in it because of the ducks who live there. It was just an awful experience!

• Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed March 31, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Studio Plus in Feb 2001
....We live in Italy and we were visiting my family in Memphis. Although Cordova is not my favorite place, we found the Studio Plus very comfortable with many conveniences.The stove and many cable channels were a big plus..The service was especially friendly and efficient. As I write this, it is our last day at the Extended Stay on Quail Hollow..We chose it because of the location and reasonable price, but the next time we visit we will go to Studio Plus in Cordova..for a few dollars more per day, we could have been far more comfortable than it has been here!

• Stayed: February 2003, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cordova/Memphis/by Wolfchas
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#4 of 6 in Cordova
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Cordova? Share your experiences!