“Good value”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Memphis, TN
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Went for lunch and had the Pad Thai lunch special while my husband Pad See Ew Pork lunch special. It was the main entree and an appetizer and soup of the day. I had the vegetable spring rolls which were wonderfully crispy and my husband really liked the fried wontons. But he couldn't finish the Tom Yum soup because it was a little too sour for his tastes. He really liked his main entree but the Pad Thai was a little odd for me. I couldn't taste the peanut sauce and it was a little too sour for me. I would like to go back and try some of the other lunch specials because for all that food plus two sodas the bill was under $25 which is a pretty good value for a sit-down service restaurant.

• Visited July 2012

Mississippi
“My First attempt at Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

Not sure if I'm qualified to review since I have nothing to compare it to. The service was good. I told the waitress we were new to Thai food and she did a good job directing us in to some beginner dishes. I didn't want anything spicy but my dish was spicy so my husband and I swapped. We liked what the other one ordered better so it all worked out. Loved the soup and spring rolls. Super fresh.

• Visited March 2012
Buda, Texas
“Great Thai cuisine in Cordova, TN -- who knew?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

Thai Bistro is a real gem. It's located in Cordova, a NE suburb of Memphis, and is somewhat tucked away in one of many strip malls along Germantown Road. It took us a few minutes to find it but we are *really* glad we persevered. The chefs -- we were told that one is from Chiang Mai and the other from Phitsanulok, in Thailand -- really know their stuff. The dishes we had were spiced in ways that ranged from subtle to aggressive--without exception the cooking was flavorful, fresh, and delivered hot. I had satay chicken, Tom Ka soup, and a green curry of chicken and veg; my wife had a red curry and Thai cucumber salad, and we were delighted. Service was friendly and fast; the booths where we sat had very high sidewalls which made for quiet and easy conversation. Prices were quite modest. We were delighted, and hope to return some day --

• Visited March 2012
Jackson, Mississippi
“New fav place for sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

The sushi is the best here I have had so far in Memphis and the downtown location

Flowood, MS
“DOWNTOWN LOCATION AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Trip Advisor is missing out. There is a down town location for Thai Bistro and its the one I ate at. For some reason TA will not acknowledge its there. It is great food. They were doing a special for 2011 called the $20.11 special. I got an appetizer (curry dumplings), a soup (chicken coconut), a sushi (crunchy shrimp roll) and main course (Cashew Chicken) for only $20.11. It was fantastic. I ate early and was one of the only patrons (it was before 5). I was alone and several of the female staff members sat around and talked to me while I ate. We shared "Mommy moments", etc. I felt like I was hanging out with the girls. I would rate this restaurant as excellent in every aspect. Food was delicious. Location and service was great!

• Visited November 2011