“A Very Good Burger”
Review of The Copper Grill

The Copper Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Copperhill
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stopped here when passing through on a motorcycle trip. The place has a small boardwalk diner kind of feel to it. Order at the counter and they will let you know when your food is ready. If you are looking for fancy dining or service at your seat, this is not it. If you are looking for a good burger and fries this is your place. I got the double w/ bacon. My burger was large, tasty and affordable. They do have a selection of drinks and a few beers on tap. If you want a good craft beer, get your food at the Copper Grill and take it next door to the Copperhill Brewery. They have a great selection of craft beers, should find something to your liking to pair your burger with.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (179)

Reviewed November 24, 2019

Burgers tasted delicious and were cooked the way we requested. Crispy French Fries, fast service and nice people working there. We've been there several times, have never been disappointed They do serve beer as well as soft drinks.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2019

We have been here for lunch, and the food is good and the service if usually pretty quick. They have to be for the crowd that comes in on the Blue Ridge Scenic railway every day.

If you are not on the train.. try to avoid this area at that time, especially during the peak tourist seasons in the mountains.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed October 19, 2019

A woman was handing out menus as we got off the train. She was hawking a special priced 10 oz ribeye steak for $12.99. We had the impression we were walking to a steakhouse. Beware, this is not so. We stood in line and as we entered the "sandwich shop" it was packed. We were not permitted to sit at a table and order. Everyone had to order and pay at the counter as we walked into the place. Then, we were told to get in line and pour our own beverages. There was no ice. We felt ridiculous wandering around looking at others seated while we had nowhere to sit. I suppose they want the money upfront so the customer can't back out.

People were sending their family members into the sandwich shop to scarf on tables and booths. They sat looking self-satisfied they had staked out booths for their family.

I finally found a metal table that looked like patio furniture, and we sat with an older couple that we didn't know. It is difficult to talk under these conditions. They ate silently, and we did as well. The ribeye was cut very thin so that it could be cooked quickly. The baked potato was cold and the salad came in a plastic to-go container. We were served on paper plates with plastic forks and knives.

A thin older woman, owner or employee I do not know, was interacting with customers with a look on her face that would lead one to believe she had been weaned on a pickle as a child.

The restrooms are terrible, and the toilets the size of children's toilets. The men's toilets were covered with urine. It appears the men were satisfied with going somewhere close to the toilet as opposed to "in it." My wife said her restroom was not much better.

The train ride was fun. The layover in town was disappointing.

I see as I read some of the reviews, I must be in the minority as it relates to customer satisfaction.

There may be some folks who find my analysis worth considering. Keep in mind, the meal was not cheap. With the addition of a piece of cheesecake, neither of us found worth eating, the meal came to just under $40.00.

Knowing what I know now I would have waited to eat when we arrived back in Blue Ridge. They have some wonderful restaurants.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

My family & I ate here while riding the train. I got the catfish, my husband got the catfish Poboy & we got our kids chicken tenders & 1 drink. It cost about $36. We thought everything was good but I wouldn’t say it was anything special. I would get something different if we came back

Date of visit: October 2019