“Yummy!”

El Rio
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Copperhill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Try the fish tacos- they were excellent! We spent the day in BlueRidge, and decided to take the 15 minute car ride over "the border" to Tennessee. Our meal was excellent, I also sampled the taciqutios! We enjoyed looking out the window while they were re-bricking the buidling across the street. Service was fast and our server was a sweet heart. It was nice to visit the town after the train had left for the day- the streets were calmer and the feel of the town seemed to slow down a bit. We love this little resturant, becasue we literally parked our car in the state of Georgia, and walked across the street Tennessee. The bathrooms were very clean, and the air conditiong felt so good on the hot day in May when we visited. This is actually my second time at this resturant, and we will be back again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

A solid little place for Mexican food. Nice to be able to get a Corona with dinner. Always very friendly. Food is pretty good. Building is a little run down/could use some freshening up.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We love to eat here when visiting , the chicken spinach lunch special is great just wish had draft ultra

Reviewed March 19, 2013

El Rio is in downtown Copperhill and is a very popular restaurant with the locals...large portions of authentic mexican food at very reasonable prices. One of the few places you can get a beer with dinner in this neck of the woods.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

El Rio is in a converted old Copperhill building. I speculated on what it was before and forgot to ask the waiter if he knew. One of the few places to eat in Copperhill off season. We had good chips and salsa and I had the enchilada plate which was tasty. I wish my plate had been a bit spicer. I probably could have ask the waiter to do so, he was very accommodating. It was a nice lunch for both of us.