Blanche Manor Lodge & Bunkhouse
$59
Comfort Inn & Suites Blue Ridge(Blue Ridge)(Great Value!)
$84
Reid Ridge Lodge(Blue Ridge)(Great Value!)
$89
Douglas Inn & Suites(Blue Ridge)(Great Value!)
$119
$80
$115
Days Inn Murphy(Murphy)(Great Value!)
$84
Hotels.com
Ellijay Inn(Ellijay)
$63
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife & I stayed in Yurt #2 out of convenience in order to participate in the Dude For the Day activities the next morning. The Yurt met or exceeded our expectations. The website was accurate and you can really tell that Peggy tries to warn you of the worst but give you the best. In the middle of Summer we were perfectly comfy with the temp in the yurt. Bed, deck, grill, and walk to restroom was better than expected. Yurt itself, bath facilities including hot were excellent. We recommend this trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank housedc
blanchemanor, Owner at Blanche Manor Lodge & Bunkhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! It was such a pleasure to meet you and your wife, happy 6 month anniversary! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and your activities at the ranch. I truly look forward to your return to our ranch.

Warm Regards,
Peggy Blanche

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I must admit after reading the below post, I was a little nervous about what to expect when we arrived for our stay. Happy to report we had no issues, The air conditioning was turned oninside our yurt prior to our arrival. We were politely asked not to feed the dogs, we didn't and the doggies remained in the pasture next to the horses. Fun experience, so much better than traditional camping. We will be back!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very interesting, unique accommodations. Beautiful views, WAAAY off the beaten path and very private. I had to keep reminding myself that this should be compared to camping, not to a hotel. So, compared to camping, this was excellent, very clean with everything supplied - linens, towels, pots & pans, utensils. Electricity in the yurt, small fridge, coffee-maker, microwave, lights & fans, gas grill, hammock, indoor and outdoor seating, fire pit, nearby modern bathroom, nearby running hot & cold water, even a hot tub (although not too hot, it really only got warm for us after 1/2 hour).

The two yurts are situated such that they each afford privacy but are close enough together that if two families rented both you could get together easily. We rented Yurt #1, which I recommend for a couple reasons - if you need extra sleeping space this one had a pull-out trundle bed in addition to the pull-out couch, so that our two teen-agers could sleep separately. Also, it is closest to the bath house.

I highly recommend the horseback riding on-site and will write a separate review. It was great trail-riding, with Amber as a wonderful guide. Highly recommended.

Now for the "issues".....there were a couple items that bothered me and some could easily be corrected by the owners. First, when we arrived around 5 PM, the yurt was completely closed up and unbearably hot. It was maybe 82-84 outside and I would estimate that it was well over 90-95 inside. Even after opening up and running the portable AC, it was barely liveable by 10 PM and was rather uncomfortable to sleep in the first night. This could easily be fixed if the unit was opened prior to our arrival. There was no threat of rain that day, so no worries about interior damage by leaving the windows open for a few hours. We left the windows open during the next day and the next night was very comfortable. Another "issue" - the 2nd morning we were awakened by the very friendly momma dog and her pups. Now, we are dog lovers and in general don't mind, but these dogs would just not leave us alone. If you are bothered by large dogs or if you have small children who might be scared, this could be an issue. We recognize we were staying in the middle of a working horse farm, so the dogs are necessary and should be allowed to roam. Not sure how or if this could be corrected. This brings us to the next "issue" - when the dogs would raise their paws, the distinct smell of horse manure was very present and we ended up changing clothes and washing thoroughly to get the smell off of us after being with the dogs. Again, recognizing that we were on a working horse farm, this may be expected. However, again compared to camping, I have never been awoken by manure-smelling dogs.

Overall - definitely glad we came. Would I return? Maybe, perhaps with another family to enjoy the camping / fire pit aspect. Also, I would probably target spring or fall and not in the middle of summer heat.

Room Tip: Yurt # 1 has a pull-out trundle in addition to the pull-out couch.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank candl20
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

I am glad that for the most part you enjoyed the yurts. I apologize for the yurts not being opened prior to your arrival. It is our policy to either open the windows, turn on the A/C or heat, and turn on the lights and ceiling fan several hours prior to your arrival. I do not know what happened that this protocol was not followed, but it will be corrected. My sincere apologies.

Now for the dogs. I am sorry that they overwhelmed you. After some investigation, I found that there were a few factors at played into this particular scenario. We had an incident where some of our previous guests disregarded the policy of not feeding the working dogs, and fed them all weekend. I am so sorry that they were pestering you, and I have confined them to our barn area for the time being in hopes of eliminating this behavior. I only wish I could have confined them prior to your visit, my sincere apologies. As far as the "horse manure" smell you were mentioning, that was actually the organic fetilizer we use once a year on our pastures. They must have rolled in in, or walked through a large area of it. I am so sorry, that is not a pleasant smell, at all! It makes horse manure smell like a field of daisies, I am so sorry! That must have been most unpleasant.

I welcome your input, as we are always striving to make your stay wonderful adventure into nature, and a place that you will return to season after season. I hope to see you back again, and I will personally make sure that your stay is the wonderful getaway that it should be.

Peggy Blanche, Owner

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We took 5 little girls ages 6-9 yurting for a birthday party weekend. None of them had ever been camping. They had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the yurts. We had all the amenities we would need. The girls did horseback riding activities for two days, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs, played in the hot tub, and gathered kindling for the fire pit. Everything except food was provided so you had all the fun of camping without all the work. There were plenty of places to sit around the fire pit. Our yurt had fans to keep us cool. The AC didn't keep up with the heat demand during the day (it was 89 degrees that day), but it was nice and cool at night. Towels and kitchen utensils were provided. The bugs weren't bad at all. Each yurt had its own bathroom in the bathhouse, which was at the bottom of the hill. We'll definitely be back. The staff was great and we felt that it was a child friendly experience!!!

Room Tip: Yurt number #1 is closer to the bathhouse, but yurt #2 is more private.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Todd J
Reviewed April 30, 2012

A new experience. clean, comfortable,great wilderness setting. all the conveniences plus a deck and hot tub . On the property of Blanche Manor riding stables So much to do. TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family