New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Star Motor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cookeville
Star Motor Inn
You added Star Motor Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“BC Canada back to NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice basic inn, owner was really nice, nice hospitality, room was good for older place, rates were good, interesting sights near Cookeville. Various places to eat or gas up were near. Was a busy place even in late Sept., lots of truckers there too.

Room Tip: Close to interstate not much you can do. Basic & nice place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

the motel is old and ran down but is clean
holes in a blanket old timers toilet looks like the movie vacancy enter at your own risk

• Stayed November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank smiley3301

Travelers are raving about these Cookeville hotels

Cookeville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

this is by far the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. as soon we walked in the smell was brutal. the next thing i noticed was the bugs, beatles, roaches, and crickets, some alive....some dead. its pretty bad when you have to wear shoes in a hotel because you dont want to step on dead bugs. i woke up this morning and there was a beatle in the bed, on the next bed, on the pillow was a huge cricket. when i grabbed my keys off the counter.......roaches on my keys. the next thing was the stained sheets. and they werent fitted so when you sleep the sheets come off and your on the pee plastic. cigarette burns in the blankets. the only things that interested me was the price and it's American owned.
so i reserved a non American owned, and clean hotel today for the same weekly price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank chris m
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I pulled in on a late night cross country stop over and wasn't expecting much for the cost, just a clean room. Supposedly it was $28 according to their billboard but I got charged $38. Never did get a straight answer on that... but I was tired so whatever.
Well the room did appear clean if not completely run down, but reeked of chemicals! The mattress was straight out of the 70's and has been parked under a truck since. No support, concave and whatever was left of the springs were sticking out. I thought about going back out to sleep in my truck. I have been in warzones (literally) with better sleeping arrangements.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank xxTylerxxDurdenxx
Somerset, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I really appreciated the hospitality of the staff of the Star Motor Inn during my recent stay. They went above and beyond in their efforts to accommodate my son and I. I especially appreciated the way they helped arrange for a place to plug in my son's bass boat and even arranged for the desk clerk to watch the boat during the evenings.

The entire staff was very friendly and helpful and the desk clerk on Sunday afternoon even "baby sat" for my son's Jack Russell while we went to lunch.

This was my first time in Cookeville. I can assure you that when we go back, my family and I will be staying at the Star. And, should I ever hear of someone heading in that direction, I will make a point to send them to the Star Motor Inn.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

me and other friends stay here it [--] there was no one clean are room they charge us double so what they said . there bath room was falling a part the rooms smell i would never stay there again the owner is so rude ---------------------------- i dont care if i got a free night there i would not stay there

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank me2009Ny
MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Back in Aug. of 07, a friend of mine and me drove our sister's car up (she's our play sister) from Dallas to Maryland. Around 1 something in the morning, near falling asleep, we pulled off the road to get something to eat and find somewhere to stay and this was the first place we saw.

The guy at the front desk was very friendly and very helpful. He got me and my buddy a decent room so we could get some rest, things were clean (fixtures were a little old, but they were clean). Beds were good - we both slept well (considering we'd driven 12 hours from Dallas to Cookeville that day with only one stop in-between).

My fianceé is from Nashville, so when I told her where we stopped, she was shocked that we were treated so well (I'm African-American and Cookeville has a rep in some parts of TN for being 'redneck' and racist).

Overall, the best side of the road motel I've stopped in. I wave at it on the way past on I-40 whenever I'm driving through.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends