“Best Western Thunderbird Motel”

Best Western Thunderbird Motel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed the night here on our way to our final destination. The staff is extremely friendly and courteous. The room we stayed in was very clean and in excellent order. The beds were comfortable. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Alan C

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Since I have been here several times in the last few years and this will be my third review, that explains the title. Everything was pretty much the same as it has been. Since the weather was cold the heat worked just fine. The bed was comfortable as usual. It has some things I don't use such as the microwave and refrigerator. The water pressure in the shower was just right. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JAMES C
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Clean room great staff close to all kinds of restaurants and shopping. We always stay here and we love it ! Very neat well kept property! Comfortable beds, nice room, flat screen televisions, wireless internet access, close to Interstate 40, just a great place with nice accommodating staff ! If you need anything just ask!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rvanderpool22
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We always stay at the Best Western Thunderbird Inn because we know we will be treated like guests in a special friend's house. We enjoy the well-appointed room, the convenience of coffee at any time, but most of all, we appreciate the welcome from the owners and from Milly, the assistant manager, whose's smile brightens our entire stay, We come back twice each year as we visit friends/family in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Conveniently located right off the freeway. Rooms were clean, but seemed a bit old. Lobby clean & friendly staff. Our only negative comment would be about the breakfast. The hard boiled eggs were old...not edible. Disappointed with breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Pros: Fantastic price! This BW is a classic-style motel with exterior rooms; my king room was on the ground floor so I parked right outside my door. The room is a good size with a work desk, comfortable chair with ottoman (and side table), flat-screen TV, and fridge/microwave. A double sink! (not necessary since I'm traveling solo, but would be handy for a couple) The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. I don't know how full the motel was that night, but I didn't hear outside noises. Breakfast is free and fresh coffee is available all day. You're close to all the traveler-oriented businesses in Cookeville (translation: gas stations and chain restaurants).

Cons: There are a couple drawbacks to the location. The motel includes a popular Tex-Mex restaurant so there's a lot of foot traffic and extra car traffic during dinner hours. I couldn't even get into the (only) entrance to the motel on my first try because it was blocked with cars idling outside the restaurant; also be alert for margarita-enhanced people in the parking area. The motel is on the northbound side of Jefferson Avenue; not a problem when you're coming from the interstate, but good luck making the left turn back onto Jefferson Avenue to get back to the interstate.

Unfortunately management can't change the location issues, but they've done an excellent job with everything else. If TripAdvisor allowed half-stars, I'd give this BW 4.5 stars.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hotel was clean and comfortable, though pet friendly. The breakfast looked good and I took two boiled eggs and some pastry to eat later when I arrived at my conference. I should have just taken the pastry. The eggs were sour. One bite and I had a sour/moldy taste/smell. I spit out what I could but later ended up sick. If you stay here, don't eat the eggs or enjoy breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business