“Clean, comfortable and affordable”

Best Western Thunderbird Motel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Morristown, New Jersey
“Clean, comfortable and affordable”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed at the Thunderbird Motel for 5 days over the Memorial Day Weekend of this year. Front desk staff was very friendly and very accomodating. Upon check-in and gaining access to our room we discovered that our electric key cards wouldn't open the door. Front desk informed me that maintenance and repairs had been performed on the lock mechanism earlier that day. The young woman working the desk that day simply gave us another room ... Upgraded to a suite!

Cleaning crew was very thorough, the hotel is located (conjoined) with a good Mexican restaurant that has a liquor license (Always a plus:) and is very accessible from from I-40. For the money, I haven't found a better hotel in Cookeville yet and Ive been making this journey annually for 30 years!

Room Tip: We weren't in the room enough to say which particular rooms were better than others, but if your...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Eureka, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotel was clean. The beds were comfortable. Our room was off of the street, so it was quite. Good breakfast in the morning with hard boiled eggs. Located by gas stations and restaurants. The internet worked good as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was an amazing place to stay. I was a little unsure as I had seen the outside a few times before. It is an older property but very well kept up. The rooms were clean and quiet. I felt safe in my room. The staff were friendly and helpful. I am planning on staying here again when I am in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lourdes L
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I am a 12-year-old dog. I'm comfortable sleeping most places, but getting to our 2nd-floor room was nothing short of a nightmare. YOU COULD SEE THROUGH THE STAIRS! The elevator? Equally terrifying. I was humiliated when Brad carried my 70 pounds of awesomeness down the stairs in front of EVERYONE. Aside from that, my people seemed well-rested and happy with the room. Cleanliness is more important to them. Whatever. I'll stay here again, but only on the 1st floor. (Could've used a waffle from the breakfast bar, Brad).

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank mynameisjerome
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was a Priceline "Express" deal, so before we booked, we had no way to know that this motel was a "motor lodge" the type where the room doors open directly outside. Due to past unpleasant experiences with this type of motel, I was upset when I learned we got this room. It turned out to be great. All other lodging in this area were significantly more expensive, so I was very wary of this motel. But the Best Western Thunderbird was very clean, our room was perfectly outiftted, it had no bad odors/smells. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable. Everything looked up to date and everything was really clean. Their outdoor pool had just been opened for the season and it was very clean and had plenty of furniture. We had to ask for towels at the pool, but the woman at the front desk helped us get them from a nearby supply closet. The breakfast was not the most impressive, but it had the basics to fuel you for the start of your day, and my attitude is a free breakfast is a free breakfast!

Room Tip: Highly recommend a very good Mexican restaurant right next to the motel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stopped here for the night and was very satisfied with room for this location. We pass through this area often when traveling and this is a great town for a room and good meal at Crawdaddy's. Our room was clean and the place is in very good condition but it is an older place. Breakfast was good the next morning. If you are looking for a clean place for the night and a good price, I would suggest this Best Western. There are fancier places but they are more expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Slightly old but in very good condition, would reccomend to anyone, room very clean, if you thought otherwise please stay somewhere else so I can be assured to get a room, next time I am in town.pet friendly, good cust.ser.pool clean.

• Stayed May 2013