“Great buffet; dirty room” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great buffet; dirty room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

The breakfast buffet was one of the best that I've ever encountered. Food was well prepared and maintained during breakfast hours right to the end of the serving time. A large selection with some variance from day to day. Excellent coffee that a huge group of drivers in training were raving about at the next table.

However, stray hairs on pillow not either of our length or color, hair in tub. Carpet was not vacuumed during our three day stay. Room was cramped with new furniture not designed for the ancient room. Window treatments were only sheers. Room could be clearly seen from parking lot and vice versa. We were on display. Plugs did not work by the bedside so no alarm clock or ability to charge phone on bedside table.

The first day of our stay our keycards were cancelled while we were out for the day, requiring us to walk to the lobby for new ones. Clerk claimed that it was from contact with credit cards although mine was never in contact with any of my cards, kept in a thick separate pocket apart from cards for that reason. Staff was pleasant but tentative and confused. The breakfast attendant for the first two days never spoke to me or even made eye contact.

I will not stay there again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I thank you for you review it is appreciated and I apoligize for any inconvenience you experienced. I have addressed the housekeeping issues you mentioned. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Clarion.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Rooms were newly refurbished and wonderful. Breakfast buffet was terrific with hot items including scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles and more.

Great atrium with indoor/outdoor pool and Half-Time sports bar was great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We (my staff and I) thank you for your review, come and see us again soon, and remember the World Karaoke Championship competition starts Thursday, February 28th 2013 and continues for 10 consecutive Thursdays, great prizes to be won including a chance to represent the USA in Finland. See you soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

From morning to night service was excellent!!! Rooms are spacious and comfortable!! I'm looking forward to revisiting in the very near future!!!!! I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!! The Half Time Bar offers a great happy hour!!!!

Room Tip: Outstanding staff!!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Gregg, my staff and I thank you for your review, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon.The Clarion Inn in Cookeville is now your home away from home.
West Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Brandy was GREAT on the phone the day before check in and at check in. She was more patient and accommodating than others. Halftime Bar had Chastity (aka Sarah) & Melissa who were both GREAT and Ms. Peaches Wings UUUUMMMMM Good. I am not a bar person but I went 3 nights in a row. I will stay again for my next trip to Cookeville. Even with a few glitches in first room, I was moved and very happy with my stay.Cleaning staff were great as well.

Room Tip: room 139 tub does not drain
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thanks for your review. My staff and I strive to make your stay with us pleasurable. We are appreciative that you took the time to write this review. Brandy,Chasity, Melissa, Ms.Peaches and the housekeeping staff are beaming with pride for your recognition. Thank you. We welcome all visitors to our Hotel and remember World Karaoke Championships start Feb 21. 2013 at the Half Time Sports Bar....Ms. peaches will be there to make those mouth watering "wings" See you soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Wow!! The stay was great... But what truly got me was the people that worked there treated me like they've been knowing me all my life, and i think i stayed more in the lobby and the sports bar and restaurant than i didnt in my room. GM is a very great guy OMG u have to try Ms Peach's wings. She's the cook, and also the breakfast is like a home cooked meal. It was like 28 degrees outside, but i enjoyed myself in the indoor pool.. EVERYONE WHO READS THIS U HAVE TO TRY THEM!!! Can wait to see my New Family again... Gerald

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, bring the gang our Karaoke contest starts this month and it is the biggest ever, we are part of the World Karaoke Championships with the Grand Finals in FINLAND.
My staff and I look forward to serving you once again and Ms.Peaches is always ready and willing to express that Southern Hospitality and cooking. See you soon.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

honestly, this was one of the best vacations we had in 14 years! Service was awesome, Rooms are great, pool is so wonderful. My kids, 7 and 13 did NOT want to leave!! Free Wifi, free awesome breakfast buffet. Breakfast was sooooo big. We ate, seriously over one hour breakfast. Coffee, Chocolate milk, tea, waffles, eggs, sausage, yoghurt, fruits, oatmeal, muffins, cereals, toast, and sooo much more to eat! We will definetly be back soon! Thank you so much. Melissa H. from Memphis, TN

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ephraem S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I thank you for you honest comments, they represent what my sfaff and I strive to accomplish.We are happy that you enjoyed you stay and of course breafkast...noting like a Clarion's hot breakfast to start your day. We hope to see you return soo.
Kannapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stayed at this facility several times and find them to be very cooperative. Brandy in particular made our stay more enjoyable. She is charming and efficient, remembered us from a previous stay, and fixed a minor problem promptly and gracefully. Tiara also was very pleasant and helpful. We most definitely will stay there when our travels take us to the Cookeville area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
My staff and I thank you for your business and comments. We strive to insure that our guest are satisfied with their stay and to make suggestions and recommendations for any improvements that they would like to see so that when at our facility the know that their money is well spent and that they are appreciated. Thanks again for you business.