“terribly managed”

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Sparta, Tennessee
“terribly managed”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

had worst experience ever with hotel manager!! no people skills!! unable to deal
with problems or staff!! would not suggest this hotel to anybody!!i found this
hotel completely lacking in guest service!! i felt this lack of control made this
hotel drop from hotel to an everyday low value motel!! at hotel prices!!

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ephraem S, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
There are always two sides of any story and as an intelligent public I ask you to view my response with an open mind. I will disclose the events that led up to this guest comments. It was news years eve, and we were having a new years eve party, this guest requested to sing Karaoke and was permitted until 11pm, he wanted to continue and it was disallowed as the Bar was packed and I had to accommodate a partying crowd. The guest was informed accordingly and invited to return to the Bar any day after and he would be gladly accommodated, even the DJ informed him of this. This guest after the refusal started to make sign guestures in showing me closed fists and the finger, he was ignored, however when he was about to exit the Bar he threw a glass filled with champaigne on me and tried to escape into the Hotel. 911 was called, and he was followed by security until the police arrived, in lew of me pressing charges the guest chose to check out of the hotel accompanied by the police. We strive to please and satisfy our guest but this guest was abominable. You the public are welcome here 365 days a year, come judge for yourself the level of our accommodations and professionalism, I guarantee you a home away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Maryville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I just want to say what an AWESOME hotel..!!...From the front desk staff to all of those beautiful ladies who served us at the banquet on Friday night.Everyone was VERY friendly and VERY professional.They all had a big smile on there faces throughout my entire stay.I will HIGHLY recommend this hotel to all my friends.And I will FOR SURE,stay here every time I am anywhere near Cookeville.Please,tell your entire staff....THANK YOU...And keep up the GREAT work..!!!...WOW....what a place..!!!

T.Shuler,Sr.

Room Tip: EVERY room is good here...Awesome place to stay.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2012

the Tennessee All Star football teams and coaching staffs were given all star accommodating hospitially by the Clarion staff. over 200 guests were made welcome for 4 days with very few inconviences. the property served our purposes tremendously. the property had meeting space for all needs large and small. the Clarion helped make this a memorable experience for these young men. we will be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
cookeville
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It was the worse xperience I have had, I booked 2 rooms for my daughters b-day party and had 8 girls with me. When I booked my room they told me I could bring in cake and pizza or whatever, when we got there my rooms were booked at the oppisite of each other and had king beds and they told me I could only have 2 people per room. Then after we got started they came and told me we were being to loud ( and this was by the pool) when there was a football team there and then they said I had to many people there. We ended up leaving and not staying the night and we did not get our money back.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kerri H
Ephraem S, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
When this booking was made, we were only informed of the 2 rooms, noting about a birthday and additional people. We at that time sold pool/birthday parties and this was not purchased. Upon realising a pool/birthday party was in progress we approached the guest and informed tmen this was not alowed, of course they were unhappy, but the Hotel has to run based on procedures, it was very unfortunate.

Travelers are raving about these Cookeville hotels

El Segundo, California
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My family and I were in town for a funeral and chose this hotel not knowing any better. I used my hotel reward points for a free night. They needed to have my credit card number just in case something was stolen or broken, which is typical. A few weeks later my credit card bill comes and I have a charge on it from this hotel for $30. We left the room just like we found it, nothing broken or stolen. I called the hotel about the charge and they just gave me the run-around. I eventually had to file a dispute against the charge with my credit card company and they got it resolved. Despite charging me $30 for a room that was supposed to be 'free', the room was musty, a/c didn't work correctly, and there was hair all over the bathroom. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Cookeville has very few attractions for tourists but it is the largest city between Nashville and Knoxville on I-40 and makes a good stopping point for the leisure traveler. The Clarion offers a good value for someone looking for a comfortable room and some amenities. They include an indoor-outdoor pool, small fitness center, sports lounge, restaurant, and large atrium. Rooms include free wi-fi and mini-fridge, microwave, hair dryer, coffemaker and flat screen TV with cable.

The pool is a must when I travel with my daughter and this one was a good size but somewhat chilly. There is also a hot tub on a timer, and the pool has a slide my daughter seemed to enjoy. There was a tweenage birthday party in progress so the pool was quite full but still usable.

Rooms are small and on the motel plan on one side of the atrium. Larger 'executive' rooms with interior corridors are on the other side of the atrium. Our room was a smaller room opening on to the atrium. It was clean had comfortable beds but the bathroom had a small amount of mold on the ceiling, perhaps due to the lack of an exhaust fan. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet is a modest charge in a large restaurant open to the atrium.

A little paint could go a long way here, particularly on the exterior doors to the rooms. This property was once a Marriott or perhaps a Holidome and has already seen it's best years. But the only problems we encountered were with poorly supervised tweens who banged on our door for amusement until the front desk put a stop to it.

Room Tip: If sleep is a priority, choose a room on the north side with an outside entrance away from the inter...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked a room here for a slumber party for my daughters 5th birthday. I asked for a double room suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. I was told it would be a $15 up charge from a regular room. Upon checking in, (with 5 little girls in tow) I was told they did not even have rooms like that. We were put into an "executive" room with 2 queen beds. The desk attendant did not seem to care at all that I was told about & booked for a room that didn't even exist. Upon looking at the other rooms in passing I realized the room I was charged extra for was actually no different than a regular room. In fact, it was smaller! We also left some belongings behind in the room. When I called I was put on hold and never picked up. I called back the next day and wa told the room would be checked and was promised a call back by 7 pm. I never received a call back. I drove back to the hotel the next weekend. The desk clerk gave me a key to the room and told me to go check myself. The items were gone and I was told by the girl at the desk, "sorry, I don't know what to tell you." The pool is nice with a slide for kids, but be prepared for horrible service!

• Stayed October 2012