“Great Service!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Service!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

While the property is older, the staff (Brandy) was very helpful and friendly!!!! Went out of her way to make me welcome! I would for sure stay here again. Indoor /outdoor pool area with slide for the kids,big or small......business center. Fitness room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Emmett, Michigan
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Late night check in for a family wedding, Nathan did not really know what was going on he did not give me the appropriate tickets even after he asked if I was with the wedding party. So, I didn't find out that breakfast stopped serving at 9am. Was not in executive section so I had to shlep a baggage for three kids and wife (infant included with pack and play). After unloading some of our stuff we realized that the air conditioning was not working. So, back down to the front desk. Nathan moved us with minimal apologies no discount.

Service in the restaurant for breakfast from Kim and Micheal was great. However it is not open late enough closing at 9am.

The pool needed maintenance (foggy windows and corroded aluminum window frames), but the slide was awesome for the kids and they loved ti. I would recommend visiting this place for the pool alone for anyone who has children.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Cookeville hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Hotel service was great. The restaurant service was great. Our server, Kim, did a great job. If I come back to town on business or with the family, I will stay here again. The property was very kept up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at the Clarion in Cookeville, late July. My husband and I are senior citizens and found this hotel through our Choice Hotel book. It is very accessible from the interstate. It is an older hotel that has been updated somewhat, we found our room to be clean and the bed was very comfortable. It has two pools which were being enjoyed by some guests. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate our supper in the sports bar attached to the hotel. The menu was limited but the food was very good and the portions were large. It had a full breakfast for $10 which we did not eat. Instead we went to the Dunkin Donuts next door. Our breakfast probably cost as much as the hotel breakfast, so it would be a toss up as where to eat. We enjoyed our stay there and would recommend it to anyone.

Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the Clarion Inn in Cookevillle. Driving up to the property, my first impression was that it was going to turn out to be one of those numerous crappy roadside motels that dot the interstate, but I was shocked to walk into the lobby and see that the interior was quite nice.

Our room was clean, looked like it had been recently refurbished, and had a nice array of amenities. There was even a new flatscreen tv.

There was a lovely indoor/outdoor pool featuring a waterslide/play structure that was a big hit with my children. Nearby was an arcade area featuring a variety of games and entertainment.

We did not try the restaurant at the property because there were so many great roadside restaurants (fast food, Cracker Barrel, Dunkin Donuts, etc) nearby.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I did observe a couple of downsides to the property (mold on the ceiling above the shower and the fact that our door would not shut completely unless you physically pushed it shut), but those issues could have been specific to our room. Overall, the property seemed very well maintained.

I was very impressed with this Clarion. It is a very good option for families who are travelling in the Cookeville area.

Room Tip: This property has interior and exterior rooms. I cannot speak to the quality of the exterior rooms...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jonesboro
Reviewed August 6, 2012

while planning my families trip to florida to visit family i started off using tripadvisor and looking at all the reviews for the hotels we would be staying at through out our trip while the clarion had some good and bad reviews i noticed that the old reviews seemed a lil old and maybe they have upgraded the hotel since then.And plus the fact my kids was so amazed there was a slide and arcade room we had to stay, so we booked a room, upon arrival the gentleman who checked us in i believe his name was cody was very helpful. the front lobby area was very welcoming with a friendly breakfast crew and staff as well, rooms was nice and clean with a comfortable bed,kids loved the pool area and arcade play place for kids. im glad i didnt pay attention to the reviews on here it was a great stay with a nice friendly staff.

Memphis, TN
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at the hotel Friday, July 26 on our way across the state. The hotel is older but clean. It has a large cable selection and free WiFi. Some rooms are interior and others are park and enter your room directly from the parking lot. We've stayed in both and have been happy in each style room. My daughter enjoyed the pool with the indoor/outdoor swim through and spiral slide. Pool towels are provided so you don't have to use your room towels to go to the pool.

The breakfast is not complimentary but $4.99 for an "all you care to eat" breakfast featuring scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, and waffles as well as the common dry cereal and danish breakfast was reasonable. The food was a bit slow at coming out but there were a lot of people there and we weren't paying $10 or more for a breakfast. It was still faster and more reasonable than having to drive down the street to a Cracker Barrel and having to wait.

LaShawn who ran the breakfast service was working single handed. She was bringing out food, clearing tables, replenishing the condiments, plates, flatware, jelly, butter, etc. in addition to running the cash register. I watched her as she worked, constantly pleasant and helpful. She was doing all it was humanly possible for one person to do and her upbeat personality never cracked under the pressure of everyone going to her "wanting this and wanting that". She was so gracious we thought maybe she was the owner of a contracted food service. We asked and it turns out she is just an hourly employee. She was great and needs to be considered for a higher level customer service position.