All reviews truck stop room was clean front desk west side worth the money spent gas station cookies would stay again pancake machine very nice stay breakfast was amazing check in process booked solid nice hotel great free breakfast cinnamon rolls great place to stay
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is in my hotel and I recommend it for my friends who come to see me. It's a newer property and is located right by the Interstate. Making it easy to find (for them) and close to the majority of restaurants. I have stayed here when I needed to get away from the office and work on a deadline.

Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank Hank F
Cookeville H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thanks for your comments, we are always open for suggestions. An of course the small thank yous that come along from time to time. Hope to see you back soon...Staff an management

Reviewed April 6, 2013

If you are going on a business trip, this will fit the bill. Mostly. Check-in process was quick. The room was clean. Another major plus is that the hotel apparently has a free place to wash and dry your clothes for a longer stay. The choices of the television selections met my expectations also.

Some things that bring the hotel down from very good to average include the fact that the outside of the hotel is not the nicest. I am unsure whether the fact that the hotel is located near a Pilot Gas station was one of the detractors, but it just did not enhance the overall appearance of the hotel. The breakfast selection was fine, but the staff was not as friendly as I have seen at other Holiday Inn Expresses, so I was not overly impressed. The major problem is that at late as 4:00 pm, my room was not cleaned. I barely had enough linen to last the night and in the morning. That really shocked me and negatively affected my impression of the hotel. Because the price was really low, I really did not want to hit them too hard. Also, I am not sure how they would have reacted if I had reported the late cleaning to them.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Cookeville H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

We are sorry for the inconvenience regarding the pilot station, an not getting your room cleaned. We strive to make sure all rooms with out a dnd sign is fully cleaned each day an checked by our executive every day. I hope you will give us another chance to make up our mistake.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Full disclosure: I was traveling alone for business, I don't typically stay in this type of hotel, so my expectations may be unrealistic.

This is NOT one of the updated Holiday Inns (I have stayed at two of those in the past year and was favorably impressed), everything is a bit shabby and dowdy. I forgot I was staying here, instead I thought I was staying at the Fairfield next door--and I wish I had. I tried to check in there, and it was a big disappointment to move to the Holiday Inn, mostly because of location, with the decor a secondary concern.

The place was basically empty, but for some reason they still put me on the side of the hotel that overlooks the 24-hour truck stop next door...

Unfortunately I did not realize how thin the walls/windows were until hours later, once I turned off the TV... ALL NIGHT LONG trucks are constantly coming through and refueling/getting on the scales...it is NOT quiet, and as a result, I had the WORST night's sleep in recent memory.

Apparently, lots of people keep talking about the breakfast which I did not try, frankly I don't believe this should be a reason to choose a place to sleep.

On the positive side the place was very clean, and staff are friendly. There is nothing they can do about the decor or amenities--they're doing their best.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Nashx2
Cookeville H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

The staff an management are sorry for your bad experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Cookeville, we strive to have every guest have a great experience every time. However the gas station located next to our property is an will always be a issue due to the traffic. On your next stay please request a room on the other side of the building to avoid the noise created from the Trucks. Please feel free to call one of our agents direct to arrange an specific room on your next stay. An always we appreciate your comments an will strive to make it better.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stay at this hotel twice a year. This hotel has always been clean. The service is always courteous and helpful. The breakfast is wayyyyyy more than "continental" (my four-year-old loves the pancake maker!). Have used the outdoor pool once - nothing special there, but it's there if you need it :) It couldn't be more convenient to I40 - Lots of restaurants nearby.

I would definitely recommend this hotel -

1  Thank Audra S
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Welcomed with warm cookies and a smile! Very nice guy at the front desk and great people working the breakfast area each morning. Our room was nice, quiet, and very clean. We were on the 4th floor and they put us there because of a large group of teen's staying there for a competition event. The exercise equipment was clean and in good working order also.

Room tip: The 4th floor straight up the stairs from the exercise room is nice and quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple