All reviews truck stop room was clean front desk west side worth the money spent gas station cookies would stay again pancake machine very nice stay breakfast was amazing check in process booked solid nice hotel great free breakfast cinnamon rolls great place to stay
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Very nice. Left my personal pillow . They held it until I came back through at the end of the week. Check in was quick. There was absolutely no noise that we could hear even next to the highway. Breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. The attendent at breakfast was very nice.

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Probably one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. Cookies at the front desk were unbelievable. Breakfast was on time and had large amount to choose from.

Large meeting areas and breakfast area with huge television in eating area.

Room was clean, staff extremely nice. Staff had very good knowledge of local area and where to go for appropriate night life, etc.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is nice hotel to stay in , very clean with great front desk I'm traveling here on business and been staying in this hotel for while and every time I come they are very customer oriented .
Good breakfast and very clean and modern rooms only negative is noise from gas station next door , which by the way has the cheapest gas around.

So I give 4 stars.

Date of stay: January 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Did not get a restful night sleep due to noise level from traffic. Because of the noise we would probably not stay here again. The sleep sofa was very uncomfortable. Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Replaced dirty pillows minutes after calling. Room was clean and very big.

Room tip: as far away from the Pilot gas station as possible (may help with noise issue)
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear nillarilla,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The hotel and rooms were nice. Fairly modern and well kept. Our king room #301 was hug. Service was good. Nice breakfast setup.

Overall a decent stay but some negative items.

First the main reservation number told us they had 2 queen bed rooms available. When we checked in 30 minutes later they only had a single king bed with a pull out sofa. By the end of the night everyone was in the king bed because the sleep sofa was not that comfortable.

The next morning I went to the car and there was a big spot of spilled coffee and scrambled eggs just outside a secondary entrance. A worker was standing there smoking, looking at the mess as I tried to navigate around it with my suitcase. When we left an hour later two workers were out there smoking, huge nasty mess still there right in the middle of the sidewalk 20 inches from the door. Apparently it was nobodys job to clean it so they left it for guests to walk through, which several people apparently had by then.

The biggest issue was highway noise. The x01 rooms are as close as you can get to the highway and very loud. You hear the trucks all night even with the fan on. Firetrucks and police from the nearby station are fun at 3am as well.

If you stay here get a higher floor an even room and a higher number. Something like 420 should be much better for highway noise. Definitely stay away from x01 rooms.

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank Lance843
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear CharlestonSW_com,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. I am pleased you found our rooms commendable. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. However, I would like to apologize that our service and the room allocations fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our guests enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I hope to have the chance of serving you soon and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N