“Best Prime Rib Ever!”

Nick's
Ranked #31 of 178 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was so surprised that Nick's Restaurant & Banquet Facilities did not have any reviews on TripAdvisor yet, as they have been in business for over 38 years. Perhaps anyone who has gone there ~ wants to keep it a secret!

We decided to try lunch at Nick's, after a friend of my husband said he had the best prime rib. They are located off route 40 on the Northwest side at 895 South Jefferson Avenue. They are located up a slight incline and could easily be missed ~ just look for their sign.

Large facility, several areas for banquets. The main dining room has a large picture window with a stunning view of the Cumberland Mountains. They had a board in the entrance with March daily specials. The whole facility is smoke-free. We were imediately greeted and shown to our table. Good selection of wines and bottled beers.

Our waitress Tab (Tabatha) brought us our menus and asked for our drink order. She then returned with a basket of freshly baked rolls that just melted in your mouth! I ordered the lunch steak feature of an 8 oz. prime rib which came with a cup of soup or side salad and one side. I choose the French Onion soup and sweet potato fries. My husband had the lunch steak feature Ground Beef Steak with sauteed onions & peppers and topped with melted Monterey Jack cheese, he also had the French Onion soup and ordered the baked potato with sour cream & butter for his side.

Everything was terrific, especially my prime rib. Perfectly marbled, which made it the most tender piece I have ever had! I did give my husband a small taste and he also agreed that it was super tasty.

The salads that I saw go by our table looked marvelous and I read that they make their own Thousand Island, Honey Mustard and Blue Cheese dressings. Next time I think I will order a salad. We will definitely be back!

5  Thank magic_carpets

Been to Nick's? Share your experiences!