“Family hike!”

Cummins Falls State Park
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Cookeville
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We had to see this waterfall.. It was so beautiful!! Actually took the trail with my husband, 9year old and 1 year old daughters.. We are from Miami fl and I honestly haven't seen something so beautiful. You will greatly appreciate if you find the outdoors comforting. We loved it! The simple things in life are the most amazing! Btw did I mention to you that it's FREE!?!! Woohoo.. When we were walking to our car we actually donated some money to this wonderful park.. I'm obsessed with the outdoors!!

10  Thank AmyHoffa
There are newer reviews for Cummins Falls State Park

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I am not a poet but this hike was amazing! So much to look at! We hiked through the river with our 8 year old and 3 year old. They both did fine. The bottom of the river can be slick as we all fell a few times but that was part of the fun!

The falls are breathtaking! Deep swimming hole and the water seemed to be around 55-60 degrees. Lots of fish to look at as well!

Take a lunch, backpack, walking stick and camera! I recommend this...BIG TIME!

8  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Cummins Falls offers magnificent nature trails and many views of the falls. It also offers "off the beaten paths". Easy to find, just outside of Nashville.

3  Thank Sylviarod10
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is my favorite waterfall in TN. It is a great place to bring the family or pets. Great place for hiking. And it is never too crowded.

4  Thank 183ReneeJones
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited the falls earlier this week right after some heavy rain and it was really raging. We could hear the falls from about a 1/4 miles away. The walk was easy and very well marked.

6  Thank Bubba1202