“Really wanted to love it...”
Review of Father Tom's Pub

Father Tom's Pub
Ranked #6 of 176 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I visited Father Tom's Pub a couple of months ago while in Cookeville to visit his family. We both ordered beer, he got the Pearl (a specialty burger with brie, pears, and onions) and I ordered the pork sliders. Though it was a little pricey, we really enjoyed the food and looked forward to coming back.

We returned this past weekend, but were pretty disappointed this time around. With a group of friends, we ordered a few rounds of drafts, an appetizer and two burgers...our tab totaled $83 with the tip.

The draft selection is pretty decent, but at $4.50, you might want to limit yourself to one. We ordered the "artisan" cheese plate for an appetizer, and at $12, we were a little let down. We got 4 different cheeses and some gluten-free crackers that had a weird flavor. The cheeses were good, but probably came from Kroger. Our burgers were decently priced, but wwwaaayyy over-salted. Now, I like some salt, but by the time I had finished 1/2 of my burger, the salt was sending chills down my spine. I'm also not a huge fan of the pretzel buns they use, which seem to be all the rage these days.

All this to say, I'd be willing to give Father Tom's another try, but I'll be a little more careful in my food selection next time. And I'll limit myself to 1 drink and pick up a six-pack on the way home...

3  Thank Anna F
jfurtsch, Owner at Father Tom's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

I'm very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your burger. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I will make sure that Chef Chris reviews the recipe with his kitchen staff to be certain they are seasoning the beef correctly. Also, there are usually a few different cheeses available for the appetizer plate. If you remember having one you particularly enjoyed (I like the goat cheese, Tom prefers the bleu and the hot pepper) please ask your server if they are in stock as an option. Thanks for visiting and I hope you give us another try soon!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am usually by myself when out dining, but this pub made me feel right at home. Everyone (help and patrons) were very accommodating and friendly. I sat down on a bar stool, and the guy beside me told me he was the owner and explained that he had attempted to create an atmosphere with no televisions blaring sports 24-7. It works - you can hear yourself think, engage in conversations with others and not be distracted by a television. The menu is quite limited (maybe six or meal options), but the food is good and the service is good. A great place to hang out for an evening with friends.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I feel like I have struck gold! Finally, Cookeville has another keeper. We tried Father Tom's on a cold March night and it was superb. Great, fresh food. Awesome beer list. Perfect family-friendly pub atmosphere. We will be frequent visitors.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Imaginative menu, good local beers on draft. Lots of conversation, great place to hang with friends. Sometimes wish the room was a little better engineered to cut down on noise. Love the foods!

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Father Tom's is a very unique pub in the Cookeville downtown district. The atmosphere is cozy and quaint...brick walls and art. Window seal seats with decorative pillows makes it unique from different eateries in this town. They have several beers on tap and seems to be a thriving hangout for locals. The pretzel appetizer is very good and comes with an awesome house stout mustard and beer cheese soup for dipping. I would recommend the house salad with grilled chicken.. Very inviting place and definitely recommended.

1  Thank Michelle_M_reviews

Been to Father Tom's Pub? Share your experiences!