“Honest review”

The Gondola Pizza House
Ranked #41 of 171 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Family-owned pizza, pasta and more...also referred to as The Original Gondola at Cookeville....on Facebook as The Gondola Pizza House...some of the best pizza I have had and very friendly owner.
Jackson, Tennessee, United States
“Honest review”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

At suggestion of a new waitress, tried the lunch pizza and salad. Salad wilted, blue cheese dressing sweet, and the pizza reminded me of Tony's frozen. Not at all worth the $9.00 charge. Very disappointed. Only ate half of the pizza and left the rest. I always wanted this to be a good place, having seen it on many many times coming through Cookeville. Seriously Pizza Hut blows them away hands down. Sorry for this review, but it is honest. Don't pass up Demo's in Lebanon to come here, if you are going east on I40.

Visited March 2013

Crossville, Tennessee
“Mediocre food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is just an average restaurant. They used to have a very extensive menu and reasonable prices. It was always quite crowded when we went there which means it is quite popular with the local crowd. Haven't been there for a couple years.

Warner Robins, Georgia
“Italian Slophouse”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

One restaurant you want to avoid in Cookeville is this place. I first went there in 2008 when I was on a business trip here in Cookeville. We went there largely because it was next to the hotel and as soon as I walked inside I knew it was going to be substandard. Think of an old Shoneys and you are at the Gondola. The restaurant itself is in a bit of disrepair, booths sink and the silverware us USED, well USED. Food was OK but I did get a bit concerned about the food quality when I asked for the Veal the waitress said they don't sell that much of it and it is old. Okay....hum why would she volunteer they keep food too long??? The bottom line for me is you could not pay me to eat there. Its just a slophouse and people who do not know better just think its good or OK but you can be sure you will be disappointed if you try it.

• Visited December 2011
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Pretty good Pizza for the wilds of Tennesee”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Gondola Pizza, service was very nice the young lady was very attentive, the pizza was OK but the bottom crust was a bit too thick for my liking but it was crisp which makes up for a lot. All in all a pleasant experience in a charming place across the street from our hotel.

• Visited September 2012
Crossville, Tennessee
“Italian name , Greek goodness!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to Gondola, as the pizza had been highly recommended by friends. However, after seeing the Greek dishes on the menu, we went in that direction. My husband had the Gyro and liked it. I had pita appetizer with olive oil, garlic, feta and mozzarella as my lunch. It was like a cheesy Greek pizza, so good! We both had the homemade baklava for dessert, wow! We've been to Greece and this was one of the best we've eaten! They also offer spanacopeta, Greek salads, saginaki, etc. The Italian menu was extensive, prices good and service attentive.

• Visited October 2012