“Good price and location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville

Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
“Good price and location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The room was spacious but I found a toothpick on the bed upon arrival. The lady at the front desk did not recognize the ABVI value member card. I would rather walk to the local Dunkin Donuts than eat their breakfast. It did not look clean or organized. The room did not come with a hair dryer. Yeah the website didn't mention one but what hotel doesn't have a hair dryer???

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
manaharpatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn of Cookeville, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Sherrybaby715,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with us. We hope that you stay with us again in the future. Americas Best Value Inn's Value Club Program is a FREE, INSTANT REWARDS program that entitles our guests to receive a 15% discount off standard hotel room rates at any of our participating hotels. Our loyalty program is not set up as a "points system" like most hospitality groups, which require you to accumulate a number of points before you receive any type of incentive or reward. We are uniquely set up to give our guests an immediate reward to show how much we appreciate your patronage.

Americas Best Value Inn Cookeville, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was a one night stay as we were passing through, and wanted to save money for the rest of our trip. It reminded me of hotels from 30 years ago. Low end. The bedspread had cigarette burns throughout. I immediately took the bedspread off the bed and placed on over the sofa, in case we wanted to sit on the sofa, which we didn't. I brought my own pillow and blanket, so I felt cleaner. It's the kind of place you want to wear bedroom slippers and NOT go barefooted. I opted not to use the shower. There were no bugs, that's always a plus. I traveled just me and my husband. It did have a microwave and mini fridge, and HBO. So, for cheap, you can eat and watch movies. So, I'd say this place was adaquate on a budget, but not updated enough to make you feel clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Strawberryltr22
Dear Strawberrylt22,

Thank you for posting a review with us. It is great knowing that you enjoyed the microfridge and HBO. If you should return to the area, we would like to have you stay with us again.

Americas Best Value Inn- Cookeville, TN

Travelers are raving about these Cookeville hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Good value, whole place was very clean and tidy, I don't partake in breakfast in any motels because I'm usually still in bed so I can't comment on it. Staff were very friendly, room is great, everything is crispy clean, no bums hanging around like u find in some cheap motels elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear ozLUFFMAN,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share an opinion with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our "no frills" room and friendly staff. Come back and see us again!

Americas Best Value Inn Cookeville, TN
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

The room was fine, the a/c worked good, and the swimming pool was clean. Good location. Walking distance to many places and close to the Interstate. I was on my way to Little Rock and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Adak C,

Thank you for posting a review with us. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and convenient location. If you return to the area, we would like to have you stay again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

The front desk clerk was rude. The room had that old musty, mildew smell to it. The mattress on the bed was so hard that it felt like i was sleeping on concrete. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. I won't being staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear trippin4sho,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you had mentioned during your stay. We do have Serta mattresses which are less than 4 years old. We do also rotate our mattresses according to schedule. I am sorry that we weren't able to meet your expectations.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Looking around for a motel in Cookevile, ABV had a very low price. I was worried it might not be high quality, but it surpassed all my expectations. Service was excellent (even though we arrived late in the night) and room was spacious and very clean. Wonderful stay, would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank bananieab
Dear bananieab,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean and spacious guest rooms. If you should return to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

During our road trip, my friends and I found a coupon for this hotel. We decided to go here on the day before we would drive to Nashville, and I'm still happy we did it. The rooms are insanely big. Everything is clean, the bathroom is also huge and very luxurious! The breakfast was limited, but in comparison to other places we stayed it was pretty nice (coffee and tea, cereals, waffles and muffins). For us European students it was an all American experience to stay in this hotel along the road, due to the fact we were in the middle of other budget hotels and fast food restaurants (really, it was the biggest collection of places to eat along the road we have ever seen, and we're traveling for a while already). If you need to stop on your way to Nashville, Tennessee, go here!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cornelia D
Dear Cornelia D,

I appreciate the fact that you posted a review with us. We enjoyed having you as our guest. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We hope that you stay with us again in the future!

Americas Best Value Inn-Cookeville, TN