“I Liked It!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Greenville, South Carolina
“I Liked It!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

OK. So it's not Tony Roma's or Franklin's Bar-B-Q. It IS a nice, reasonably priced Barbeque and Rib place with tasty fare. I tried the lunch portion riblets anf found them to be excellent. Good smokey flavor and fall-off-the-bone tender. Good selection of sauces to please most pallets.
My waitress was great and very helpful in guiding my selection.
A bit far from the interstate to stop by every trip through, but I will re-visit when time allows.

Griffin, Georgia, United States
“Just so-so”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I'll start by saying that I was greeted by a very friendly hostess, and that my waitress was terrific. Never ran out of beer, and constantly checking to make sure things were good, but not so much to be annoying. I sat in the bar area, so the waitress was also the bar-tender. She did an excellent job of not forgetting me at the table, while tending to the guys at the bar. I ordered the ribs with baked beans and fries. The ribs were tender enough, and cooked well, but the smoke flavor was odd. Tasted simply like charcoal, with no wood. The beans had an odd flavor, but they were good. The fries were fries, hard to screw them up. Overall, a fair meal, with excellent service. I would go back, but to try something different.

• Visited June 2014
Fayetteville, AR
“Not Worth the Deour from the Interstate”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were travelling through and decided to try the BBQ in Cookeville. I had the sliced pork which was good. The baked beans were different and I did not care for them. My wife had the chicken sandwich which is simply a deep fried breaded chicken breast on a bun with some additions. I do not consider this a BBQ chicken sandwich. You can douse it with good BBQ sauce if you want. Simply, a pretty ordinary BBQ place.

• Visited March 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“One of our new favs!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Having recently moved to Cookeville, we stopped and had lunch at Rib City. The baby back ribs were incredible, their "smoked" wings were awesome and our waitress was worth her weight in gold. We don't eat out very often (a couple of times a month) because we are pretty jaded about restaurants. Rib City meet all our criteria for a "favorite eats" rating- good food, comfortable setting (casual but nice) and excellent service.

• Visited January 2014
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Baby backs”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Always a dependable Friday afternoon rib special. baby back, beans cole slaw and lots of hot sauce to take it over the top.

• Visited January 2014