“Looking for pizza but just OK”

Mamma Rosa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 171 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Italian
Crossville, Tennessee
“Looking for pizza but just OK”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great pizza is hard to find in Tennessee. I judge pizza against NY and Boston thin crust. Nothing in Tennessee has ever come close. We never went back.

Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
“great food but looooong wait”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food is very good but be prepared to be there a while. The service is good, but it takes a very long time to get your order. We once waited 55 minutes for a pizza. That was unusually long, but it does take a while.

Visited March 2013
Bristol, Tennessee
“Not bad....Average”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch...I had the personal (8 inch) pizza, which had a light crispy crust and was OK. The sauce and toppings were average. The wife had baked ziti and it was average, I have made better I hope. The garlic bread served tasted like it had freezer burn. Lastly the service was OK, the kitchen was slow on a not so busy lunch hour

• Visited April 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“mostly mediocre meal”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Business trips are great times to try new lunch venues. Mamma Rosa had a good rep with one of my coworkers. Overall, if this is where my coworkers wanted to go, I would not protest. The ambiance was nice and the food was especially hot. However, the service was unacceptably slow. With no one at the restaurant for lunch, it took nearly 25 minutes for our order to come out. My party ordered lasagna, but the layers lacked meat. Yes the noodles were tender, and there was a lot of cheese, but I like more substantial meat in my diet. Finally, the lack of meat amplified the fact that the portions were small, even for a dieting lunch diner, like me. The price was reasonable, but I would gladly pay a little more for a slightly larger portion and much quicker service. .

Visited April 2013
“Don't go if you are in a hurry....but you gotta go!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This place is legit! If you are looking for real italian, you gotta go here! Everything is made fresh when you order it so do not go if you are in a rush but this place really is amazing!

Visited February 2013