“mostly mediocre meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Little Rock, Arkansas
“mostly mediocre meal”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Business trips are great times to try new lunch venues. Mamma Rosa had a good rep with one of my coworkers. Overall, if this is where my coworkers wanted to go, I would not protest. The ambiance was nice and the food was especially hot. However, the service was unacceptably slow. With no one at the restaurant for lunch, it took nearly 25 minutes for our order to come out. My party ordered lasagna, but the layers lacked meat. Yes the noodles were tender, and there was a lot of cheese, but I like more substantial meat in my diet. Finally, the lack of meat amplified the fact that the portions were small, even for a dieting lunch diner, like me. The price was reasonable, but I would gladly pay a little more for a slightly larger portion and much quicker service. .

Visited April 2013

“Don't go if you are in a hurry....but you gotta go!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This place is legit! If you are looking for real italian, you gotta go here! Everything is made fresh when you order it so do not go if you are in a rush but this place really is amazing!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank marcieack
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Terrible Service by the Owners!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have to say they have the best Pizza in town and thats not saying much being I've had amazing pizza in lots of places I have lived in and traveled to. They are not amazing, however like I said the best in town. Though it is the best in town I will never set foot in that place again. When Rosa herself and her son Doug are running the front forget service! The last few times I have walked in to pick up Pizza either one of them and one occasion both were there and neither one would wait on me and the three other people waiting to pick up their pizza's! Instead you have to wait on one of their poor overworked servers who are covering the floor to put those customers on hold so they can come and take care of the carryout orders. Don't think about calling and complaining Rosa becomes irate. They lost my business and the three other people that were waiting; one of them made the mistake to complain while they were there Rosa was far from providing customer service they left without their order. You've been warned good pizza but incredibly crappy service provided by the owners themselves!

• Visited March 2013
Crossville, Tennessee, United States
“Great service put poor management”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A large group of us went to Mama Rosa's, it was the first time for almost all of us. The service was good, very timely done. Garlic bread was disappointing, it was like they heated up a hoagie roll and put garlic and butter on, and not a lot of garlic either. My dinner was good, I had egg plant parmigiana with ricotta cheese. I choose spaghetti for my side dish. Sorry folks, it seemed as if they took tomato sauce out of a can and put it on the pasta, there was no flavor, none other then the tomato. Where's the basil?
Then one of us ordered teramasu (sp) . She said it was spoiled and took it to the owner who then told her she had made that about 2-3 weeks ago and thought it was still good to serve to the public. Now we all know that is not acceptable. BUT the big issue was how the owner handled the situation. My friend was irate, the owner should have said her meal was free and be done with it. In stead she calls the police. Now we all have to wait for the officer to arrive, in the mean time the owner tells me she feels sorry for me if I have friends like her. That was totally unprofessional.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Mary N
Cleveland, Tennessee
“The biggest pizza ever!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We ordered pizzas for 12 people. Thinking it would be like "the others" we ordered several. Little did we know the pizzas at Mamma Rosa's are huge! VERY GOOD and huge! Had plenty for the meal and left overs. Will go back!

Visited December 2012