“Good mexican food for the price!”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 175 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 11, 2014

El Tapatio provides great service and good food for a very economical price. The chicken fahitas are served with very healthy portions and the chips and salsa just keep coming.

There are newer reviews for El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed April 24, 2014

i really like Mexican food, so will grade this one against another El Tapatio in Rocky Mount, NC. I'd give that one an eight, but this one I'd have to give it a 5/10. It wasn't bad..very edible, but just average. The one thing I can complain about was the salsa. It was like tomato paste with a pile of Cilantro ground in. I'd have rather had a jar of Pace picante sauce.
Now the staff were energetic and eager to please and FAST! Restaurant was clean and neat and being right next door to the hotel, its a good place grab a quick meal. Wife & I both had a draft beer & meal. total bill with tip ran $24.00

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has a great variety of good food. The staff are always courteous and efficient. We have gone here for several birthday dinners and they join in on the celebration. The atmosphere is so friendly you just enjoy the whole time. So if you are in the area and want southern hospitality and great Mexican food at great prices you really need to try this place.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants! They bring out complimentary chips and salsa, which is so good, I sometimes fill up on them before my order arrives! The service is good and the meals very affordable. We go every week.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Looked forward to having Mexican food in TN. traveling through Cookeville. Restaurant was next to hotel so we tried it. I had a total of six in my party all ordered different meals and none of us ate all our meal it was so bad. Had no spice to the sauces everything tasted like tomato sauce out of a can. Ordered steam tortilla's with butter they brought out a spray bottle of "I can't believe its not Butter", and said that was the only butter they had. Chips were warm and had a good taste but the sauce was again tomato sauce. Ordered cheese enchilada's and the enchilada's first came out cold the cheese was not melted even. Sent back and it came out hot but the beans were burnt from being microwaved too long. One of my guests tried taco's and ate one and went back to chips. Taco Bell has more flavor was his comment. Even my wife who hates me taking her to Mexican food restaurants while traveling for fear of getting to spicy of a meal told me it was as bland as hospital food.
The restaurant was very crowded not sure why judging by our food unless no one liked real Mexican food.