World Foods International Grocery and Delicatessen
Ranked #4 of 176 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Pizza, International
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Didn't eat but browsed the store and it was fun. Lots of good teas to buy and interesting things internationally. Outdoor café too and close to everything ... would recommend stopping in.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Based on previous reviews we made the stop here to eat lunch on our way back to Oklahoma. It is a little ways off the highway but well worth it. My husband and one of the kids has the meatball sub and they loved it. My husband is very picky when it comes to meatball sandwiches and he said it was one of the best he had. My son had a gyro and he was ecstatic he loved it. I had the pastrami sandwich and tabouli and it was really good. The owners were very sweet. It is a very quaint place. If you are in the area or driving through it is worth a visit.

1  Thank Ranchgirl13
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Cookeville has a zillion chains and many are close to the highway, but this little place is easy to get to and makes a great stop. It's an eclectic menu including pizza slices, deli sandwiches, and Middle eastern specialties including schwarma and tabouli. The beef schwarma was a huge hit! They also have unique grocery items - think canned smoked fish and a great olive oil selection - cold drinks and desserts. There are only 4 tables inside and 2 outside but it was quiet after the lunch rush and the owners were lovely to talk to. You can also spend a few minutes in the area of the old small-town center.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure to visit this deli while in town. It has a quaint feel, almost as if you were in another country once inside the doors. My husband tried the meatball sub-it was sooo tasty & reasonable priced. Staff were friendly & welcoming. Will visit again for sure.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were lucky enough to stop by this charming restaurant this past weekend. It really is a unique place and if you are in the area you should give it a try. It was nice that there was several items for sale that you really can't find in a lot of places (lots of unique beers, drinks, desserts, pastas... you name it). My wife and I both had pizza slices, and she had Orangina and I had IBC root beer. We also were sure to save room for dessert which was great as well. We will definitely go back the next time we are in town.