“Great place for the money!”

Red Roof Inn Cookeville - Tennessee Tech
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
“Great place for the money!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This little hotel has good, clean rooms at a fair price. The check-in experience was excellent and they accommodated my early arrival. Their breakfast is continental style, but you can make waffles fresh on the waffle iron. For those wanting a southern breakfast, the Cracker Barrel restaurant is literally across the street. The back side of the hotel is better and quieter than the front that faces I-40. They have a very nice swimming pool that is well kept and screened off by hedges on 3 sides. There back parking lot also accommodates large trucks or personal vehicles towing toys or boats. I'd recommend it to anyone for whom simple, clean, and quiet are the priority. I plan on staying there again next year.

Room Tip: Get one on the quiet back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
ROOF751, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Cookeville - Tennessee Tech, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for your great reveiw! I am glad to see that our efforts have paid off and that you had a great stay. It is important to me and all of our employess that every guest enjoys their stay as much as you did. We are in walking distance from many variations of eating areas. We also are the only hotel that has ample parking for all needs. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you next year--Leanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Plenty of parking and lots of places to eat. Fast food to fancy restaurants are plentiful. The staff is eager to help make your stay enjoyable. The rooms have plenty of plug ins for all those electronics we carry. The kings have a large work area for those of us who have paperwork to do. The queens have a smaller work space. Rooms are clean and there are a number of them with easy access. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Worth driving a little further to get to a place you can unwind in comfort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JimYoung49
ROOF751, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Cookeville - Tennessee Tech, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for writing your review. I am very pleased to see that you were pleased with your stay and that we have lived up to the expectations that our travelers have of a Red Roof Inn. We strive very hard to provide a clean, comfortable stay and excellent guest service. Your feedback is a very important part of that process. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to being your hotel of choice, in the future--Leanna
Kemah, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Best Red Roof I've found, as a man who travels for a living, I spend 200+ nights a year in hotels across N America so I have seen plenty. Rooms are clean and spacious. Ample truck parking. Front desk even had a postage stamp when I needed one. Breakfast is minimal, but many reasturants within walking distance, very close by. Great place at a great price!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank seauneek
ROOF751, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Cookeville - Tennessee Tech, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We always look forward to hearing from our guests. I am pleased to see that you were happy with your stay. Thank you for letting other travelers know about the Cookeville Red Roof Inn. We look forward to being your hotel of choice in the future. Thank you again for your great review--Leanna
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are newly remodeled and clean, but this is one that does not put fitted sheet on mattress. This is very important to me. I don't like the sheet coming untucked in the middle of the night and ending up on a bare mattress. Very nasty in my book. Hopefully this review will help them correct this problem.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ROOF751, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Cookeville - Tennessee Tech, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We really appreciate you telling us about your concern about the hotel. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. We hope that you may consider us again in the future. Thank you once again--Leanna
Satsuma, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I am a RediCard Member (which means absolutely nothing to the company). I received an email about the month of April being National Pet Month & if you booked your room during this month, you would receive 15% off the room price. You had to call the reservation number & use a Promo code which I did & was told my "new" room rate which included the discount. Upon departure when I received my receipt, I was charge the "FULL" amount for my room ~ 5 days worth. When I brought this discrepancy to the clerk I was told the "manager was the only person who could change it & to call back Monday (this was Sunday morning). When I spoke to the manage, Leanna, I was told she couldn't help me & I had to call another number! Here we are, it is now Wednesday, I'm still calling all over & I am still trying to get a credit of $60+ Dollars & still getting the roundaround. SO ~ MY ADVICE TO YOU ~ IF YOU STAY AT THIS RED ROOF INN, CHECK YOUR RECEIPT YOU MAY BE OUT $$$$$ ALSO!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank triciasanders51
ROOF751, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Cookeville - Tennessee Tech, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
First, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry that your experience was not what you expected. We are committed to providing the best customer service possible, therefore your feedback is important to us. I certainly apologize of the confusion with your recent reservation. Your concern has been properly addressed and resolved as soon as it was known in a timely manner. We do hope you give us another try should your travel plans bring you our way. Thank you once again--Leanna
Chapel Hill
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel is a great value - like most Red Roof Inns, it was recently renovated and the rooms are terrific. It is in a very convenient location with easy access to almost anything. A great room at a great price!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
ROOF751, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Cookeville - Tennessee Tech, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. We certainly like to hear back from our guests. I am pleased to see that we met your expectations for a Red Roof Inn. We strive very hard to maintain or exceed that standard. Our goal is to see that every guest has a comfortable stay and leaves satisfied. Thank you again.
Leanna
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I found ourselves in Central TN a day early, and this was the only place with a room available near Nashville. The room was clean but smelled like a smoking room. The price was also outrageous, about $86. I guess I expected decent prices the night of, not price-gouging. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was decent. Bed was comfortable. In the end, you could probably do better.

If you stay here in Cookeville, head over to Cinco Amigo's for great Mexican and to Ralph's Donut Shop for a great experience and delicious donuts.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank the_Goins
ROOF751, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Cookeville - Tennessee Tech, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your review of the hotel is a very important tool that we use to let us know how well we are servicing our guests. I see that that we did not live up to your expectation of what is required of a Red Roof Inn, for that I sincerely apologize. Since your stay, we have fixed the issues. We do hope you give us another chance on your next travels, Thank you--Leanna