“What you'd expect but no more”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 176 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We dined here having stayed for one night over the road at Days Inn.
Being a chain restaurant, Longhorn is very much the same from place to place. What works in one town, probably works in another.
There were no complaints here but also nothing worthy of magnificent praise.
For me, the venue does provide good quality food at a reasonable enough price but being a visitor to the USA, maybe i expected too much from my steak. For sure, i've had much better, but i've had worse too.
Longhorn probably fits in the average range which is fine. It's not pretending to be an upmarket restaurant, but it's a whole lot better than any fast food diner!
When we ate here, it was busy so we had to wait a few minutes for a table. This is probably the norm given its location.
The service was efficient. The food was ok and about the right price for what it was.
If asked, would i go again? Yes. Definately.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This was our 4th visit to this location. Visiting from out of town. Sat at bar, sat night busy. Great service! Ordered filet and lobster tail and husband had shrimp and filet. Steaks were Perfect! Lobster melted in my mouth. The only problem was shrimp. Tasted old. Not fresh and my husband said burnt. We told waitress who offered dessert but we declined. Manager apoligised and gave us 25% off our order! Wow. That was nice. We love their food. Usually sit at bar if busy. A party of 8 were there before us and they were still waiting on table when we left!!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I ate at Longhorns on Friday, June 14. My husband had a good meal of ribs with salad and baked potato. My meal of fried shrimp was just mediocre. The shrimp was too dry but the salad and baked potato was ok. The service was very good from the servers to the manager.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ordered Filet Mignon and it was cooked to PERFECTION and delicious. Ordered Lobster Tail with it and both my friend and I (who ordered the same) felt the Lobster was SLIGHTLY under-cooked, which was disappointing. But the filet was so superior it made up for it! Her loaded baked potato and my mashed potatoes- delicious! Asparagus appetizer was yummy and different. Server exceptional & attentive, hostess with a fabulous personality who recommended the filet and appetizer to us when we asked her. Tables are intimate with little lamps to create a certain ambiance about the place at night. I have never eaten at a Longhorn before (my friend had and likes it), but based on this experience I will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We enjoyed a tasty meal here with a very large party. The service was wonderful from the servers to the manager. Steaks, salmon, pork, chicken were all hot and good. Everyone enjoyed a really nice evening meal here and would recommend it if you're in the area.