“consistent great service and food”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 175 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I eat here fairly often, the reason being they serve the best steak in Cookeville with the best service. Their servers are always pleasant, attentive, and professional, and we know we can always count on a good experience when we go there. Compared to the other restaurants in Cookeville, they definitely serve the best steaks in my opinion. In the rare event of a problem ( I can only think of 1 episode), the manager was quick to offer a "comp" to make sure he made us happy, as would be expected of a better restaurant. There are other steakhouses in Cookeville, but they all fall short of Longhorn in some respect- indifferent servers, indifferent, food, etc, such that Longhorn has them beat overall. Never had a bad experience there, always happy.

There are newer reviews for LongHorn Steakhouse

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went with a family group. I am on a restricted diet (no preservatives, additives, sauces, etc.) and was pleased to be able to get grilled chicken breasts, a beautiful salad, and a sweet potato (skipped on the toppings!). Because of the good quality and quantity of food, I left feeling very satisfied and not like I couldn't eat what everyone else was eating. The others in our group had excellent meals. Wait staff and manager were both above par. I tend to stay away from chain restaurants yet would return to this one.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just celebrated my birthday with my husband and another couple. Everyones dinner was good, mine was excellent. Had prime rib, orderd it rare and got it rare. The drinks were good too.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stop at this Longhorn when driving between Nashville and Knoxville. It is easy off the highway and is usually perfect. Overall I would recommend this one to everyone. The people are friendly and the managers help out when its busy. The food is Longhorn steakhouse menu so you know what you are going to get. It is good, prepared well and served hot. The biggest problem we ever had was an underdone steak. They fixed it no problem and made it right. So if you want to eat steak in Cookeville stop here and enjoy.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

the renegade is by far the best and decent price. every now and then you'll get it a bit tough, but for most part this place is pretty dependable for good food and service. get you in and out if you're in a rush too.