“Perfect service”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Stevensville, Maryland
“Perfect service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

I'm a sucker for good service. It is easy to provide but you don't always receive it.

Long story short, the staff in the evening and morning assisted me every step of the way - and went above and beyond the call, particularly "Scottie." I didn't have the ability to mark I was bringing pets when I booked online, so I was moved to a different room at check-in seamlessly - a room that was nicer and that housed my family with ease.

I will say that the normal online rate doesn't seem to be that much of a value, unfortunately (I had a different rate - ask for a gov't rate in person if you can't find it online), and I wasn't aware of a pet fee when I reviewed the site online (it is $10 per pet) so that surprised me, but you won't regret staying here.

If I ever find myself in the area again, I'd stay here in a second. Stay here with confidence.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

I live about an hour from Cookevile & had some friends in from out of state to attend "Boogie Jam Too". I spent alot of time looking through Tipadvisor & Baymont seemed to me to be the best that was available. They gave me a great price, too! I will always stay at Baymont when in Cookeville! Some of us were also camping that weekend, but it was suposed to rain & we wanted a room for A/C napping, showering & a backup if we got totally rained out. Which we did. I had stayed at Comfort Inn & Suites before & loved it. But it was booked that weekend. In my opinion the Baymont was the better choice anyway! The rooms were bigger. We had a double queen room & we had plenty of space.There were 4 of us,3 camped 2 nights but were there to shower & have a rest occasionally. The beds were new & very comfortable! The pics online do not do the rooms justice. The bedding had been upgraded to double sheeted comforters & for me that was a big plus! These were very clean & comfy. Front desk was very friendly & got us whatever we asked for including a refrigerator that was not already in the room. Scottie truly went above & beyond & was so friendly!! I called & spoke with him on phone,he told me about the upgrades, or I woud not have sayed there. I can't stand those "Hotel Bedspreads" ! Baymont needs to update thier website!! The only cons I can think of is it would be better if the windows opened to let in fresh air & better cable; more channels. I have asthma & was a bit concerned with it being 'pet friendly', but that was not an issue. I had a smoking room & it had no odors at all, of pets or smoking. I am going to Lexington Ky for the fall race meet & am thinking of staying in a the Baymont there. Only want to check & make sure that one has been upgraded as well. I will only stay at hotels that have the upgraded bed linens.I worked at Wyndham Hotels so I know what a good hotel experience should be! The complimentary breakfast was nice with variety of choices.Thanks for a great visit!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Ringgold, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

I understand they had recently replaced bedding they were great. My 24 yr old son and girlfriend slept on the pull out sofa and he said it was the most comfortable one he had ever slep on. We had a 2 rooms sweep with kitchenette it was wonderful. The movies are a walk next door. Pool was clean and hot tub was great. Breakfast was more than expected and plenty of it. Nice lounge area in lobby, We played cards there until the wee hours of the morning. All smoking and pet rooms are on 4th floor. I was checking out the area for guests for a wedding in October in the area, After our great experience we have booked 20 rooms so far for the wedding.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
North East Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Staff very friendly and helpful. Bed and linens were recently renovated. Chairs showed some wear - recliner stained . Bathroom small. Sink outside of bathroom. Good sink lighting. No safety bars in tub. Had an elongated open front toilet seat on a round toilet bowl that wasn't securely fastened. Bathroom door stuck. Room and bathroom were clean. Halls needed vacuuming. Very few healthy breakfast choices. Quiet. Okay place but not worth raves. Convenient. Pet friendly. Odd odor (pet?) in lobby.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Deltona, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

We stayed in one of the two room suites at this hotel and were travelling with a pet. It was comfortable and clean. There was a little kitchenette with a fridge - microwave - coffeepot and a little counter to sit at. It worked out really well for us. Loved having the two rooms! And the breakfast was perfectly fine with ample choices.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

This was a very nice place to stay. A lot cleaner than some of the $100 hotels that I've stayed at. The pool being clean and a coffee pot in the room was a plus for me. My dislike was not having a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Pueblo West, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

We always look to stay at hotels that have good ratings on tripadvisor, with a room rate that is a good value compared to other hotels in the area. I checked hotwire, but nothing of interest was offered. We then checked the roadside coupon books, in which the Baymont had a coupon that offered a great rate. We selected it after seeing the good reviews on tripadvisor. We were very pleased with the hotel. It was very clean, the rooms were nice, and the hotel had a noon checkout time. We had a great night's sleep on the comfortable pillowtop mattresses. The breakfast was good, offering eggs, sausage, biscuits, toast, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt. This hotel was similar to a Holiday Inn Express that we had stayed at the night before, but at a much lower rate. The only negative was that the pool wasn't open for the season yet even though it was Memorial
Day weekend. We would definately stay at the Baymont again when staying in Cookeville.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple