“We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cookeville
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Pueblo West, Colorado
“We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We always look to stay at hotels that have good ratings on tripadvisor, with a room rate that is a good value compared to other hotels in the area. I checked hotwire, but nothing of interest was offered. We then checked the roadside coupon books, in which the Baymont had a coupon that offered a great rate. We selected it after seeing the good reviews on tripadvisor. We were very pleased with the hotel. It was very clean, the rooms were nice, and the hotel had a noon checkout time. We had a great night's sleep on the comfortable pillowtop mattresses. The breakfast was good, offering eggs, sausage, biscuits, toast, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt. This hotel was similar to a Holiday Inn Express that we had stayed at the night before, but at a much lower rate. The only negative was that the pool wasn't open for the season yet even though it was Memorial
Day weekend. We would definately stay at the Baymont again when staying in Cookeville.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Alabama
Reviewed July 15, 2008

My wife and I stayed on the way through town. Nice hotel and good size rooms. Bed was so bad my wife had to drive the next day due to my back hurting. Staff working at check in were great not near as good at check out. My wife for left nice blanket she got for christmas from her grandparents and when we called to get them to hold it it was not to be found. I will be staying at another hotel when in town because you can not trust cleaning staff, blanket is one thing what if it was a wallet or purse.

• Liked — large rooms
  • Disliked — bed and cleaning staff
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We chose to stay here based on favorable reviews and were very pleased with the spacious and clean room. We did have a dog and the room we were given had absolutely no evidence of previous pets. Nor did we hear any dogs during our stay. Minuses: The included breakfast was not very good in our opinion. Plus, I accidently left my favorite belt from LL Bean somewhere in the room, probably on a hanger or behind the bathroom door. I called the next morning upon discovering I had left it and the front desk person said they'd look and call me back. I did not get a return call. On our way back home the following day, we stopped in at the hotel to check if it had been turned in and it had not. So I am out one belt--my fault for leaving it, but I really expected it to be turned in.

• Liked — The clean comfortable room
  • Disliked — Not getting my belt returned
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We chose to stay at the Baymont while my family was in town for a basketball state tournament, because they allow dogs in their rooms. We have two small pugs, and did not want to board them just for one night. We were pleasantly surprised to find this hotel, and read all the good ratings.
The good: pet-friendly, of course- we were not hassled at all about our dogs or the fact that we had several visitors while staying; the breakfast was pretty decent (basic continental).
The bad: the rooms were advertised as non-smoking, but there was a distinctly smoky smell the entire time we were there. I expected a smell, since this hotel accommodated pets, but strangely, no pet smell, just smoke. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. My husband compared them to spring mattresses...
The staff was not very helpful at check-out--there was a major storm coming in, and we had one last game to play (the finals!) after "check-out", and we requested a late checkout (only an hour), so we did not have to leave our little pugs in the car. The receptionist flatly stated that it was only possible for a "day rate" charge! I asked to see the manager, who just happened to be near by, and she said "Of course we will attend to your dogs while you are gone." Gracious--they had to be in a crate at the hotel in the first place, so I did not understand why this receptionist would not have shown a little "customer service". Well, I do understand that these words are basically dead...
Anyway, one more word about the room-- all night, our A/C would cut out WAY before the room was even cool. We were repeatedly getting up and turning it back on. This was a pain, and led to a sleepless night.
All in all, we will break down, board the pups on our next trip, and stay at the Hampton!

• Liked — pet friendly
  • Disliked — A/C, smell, beds, front desk service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed March 19, 2008

We have stayed at the Baymont MANY times. In our opinion there is NO PLACE else in Cookeville which is as clean, comfortable, friendly, and accomodating as the Baymont. The whole place is clean, and you will not see trash lying around outside or inside the building. Do not compare it with a five-star hotel, but the rooms are large enough for two people to move around in, there is a business center, the breakfast is good, and niceties are always provided. The same staff has been at the Baymont for years, and works to make this hotel a good one. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and the Alpine too, and studied several other hotels in town, and we know what we are talking about. The price is not the highest nor the lowest in Cookeville.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Coffee
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed January 15, 2008

Large very clean rooms. Friendly front desk staff. Comfortable and very clean, we will have to check out more Baymonts in the future.

Did I mention how clean these rooms were?

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Scottsville, Ky
Reviewed March 27, 2007

We were in town for a youth baseball tournament and really enjoyed our stay in a King Suite on the 5th floor of the Baymont. The suite had two large rooms, a kitchenette and a bathroom that had access from either room. Two sinks are always nice and the large tub with jets was outstanding after a day at the ballpark.

There was some heavy duty machinery moving dirt around in an ajacent lot and we were amazed that we could not hear them. I walked outside and they were definately loud but we couldn't hear a thing in the suite. Very quiet room.

The price was reasonable I suppose at $99 with AAA. The breakfast was nothing special just your run-of-the-mill "free" fare. However there are many fast food restaurants very close. McDonald's, Wendy's, etc.

Very close also are many good restaurants such as Logan's and Cheddars. On a previous visit to Cookeville we ate at Bobby Q's which is in downtown Cookeville. Very good barbecue and if you have a cast iron gullett, try the Pool Room Coleslaw. Hot!!!!

The hotel is just off the interstate and a short walk across the parking lot and some grass takes you to the Highland Cinema. Very handy if you want to catch a flick.

The pool is outdoor but looked nice. It wasn't open at the time we were there but opens around Memorial Day. Nice place and I we will probably stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2007