“You get what you pay for”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cookeville
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Baymont staff was very friendly and the location is very good. It is near the interstate and next to a movie theater. I did not like the bed and so the next day the staff switched us to a different room which was more satisfactory. Unfortunately, the rooms are a bit musty and the work out area had lower quality equipment that did not work well. Free breakfast consisted of biscuits with gravy, prepackaged donuts or instant oatmeal. It is not a place I would stay again but it was worth the 60 bucks per night we paid.

Room Tip: We found the suites with 2 beds to be much superior in comfort to the one with a king bed.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2012

*Received a great rate by booking on line.
*Location was just what I needed, right off Interstate 40 so I could find it.
*There were only a couple of restaurants within walking distance but there were many, many more within a very short driving distance. Cookeville, is smallish too so easy to get around.
*Front Desk person was excellent, wish I remembered her name. Check in was smooth despite there being a full house for local ball tournaments. I also added a night and she took care of everything perfectly over the phone for me.
* Room first impression was "Score" what a great value for the price! The room was large, well laid out, nicely decorated with what appears to be pretty new carpet. Upon my eyes adjusting I did find one thing that turned me off and made me look a little closer; there was a stain about the size of a grapefruit on the floor outside the bathroom that appeared to be either blood or wine. I then noticed some peeling wall paper border and realized the room could use a little maintenance. This is why I rate it only an 8.5 instead of 10 for the price I paid.
*Bed was comfortable and overall the room was clean except for that bad stain.
* Breakfast looked great but I was in a hurry so only got juice. They had a lot of choices though.
* We will be in town again very soon and plan on staying here again. My suggestion to the management is buy some Woolite with Oxyclean Carpet Stain remover for the stain in room 319. I have been able to remove ANY stain with this stuff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kcalmole
cookeville_baymont, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you so munch for you wonderful review, which I have shared with staff and management. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Desiree L. Suggs, Marketing Manager
Baymont Inn & Suites
1151 South Jefferson Avenue
Cookeville, TN 38506
Ph 931. 525.6668 xt 602 Fx 931.525.7326

Reviewed December 1, 2011

We are "regulars" to the Cookeville area to visit our student at TTU. Having read the most recent reviews, we decided to give the Baymont another chance after a bad experience. The place has been spruced up. We had a nice two room suite, very reasonably priced, and our dog stayed with us. The kitchen area and bath were very clean. Bed was new and comfy. (I will admit that the Fairfield Inn has nicer furnishings and breakfast items, but the price is significantly higher and no pets allowed.) The Baymont is a very good value. I would definitely stay here again. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 1WS
Reviewed November 13, 2011

It appears the poor reviews made toward the end of last year were considered. Due to necessity I booked family here again. My rating should be about a 3.5. The hotel in general and the room specifically were very clean. A drastic change from the previous visit. The reservation was correct and the mutiple day stay went very well. Front desk was not the friendliest but did the job. We do not eat at the hotel because restaurant row is a mile away. IHOP, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Cracker Barrel, etc. Given this experience, I would not have an issue booking again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DrEECS
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We where returning from Dollywood , on the way back to Nashvile & decided to take a side trip to Cumberland Caverns( highly reccomend!! worth the trip!) so we didnt have reservations. Walked in & we where able to get a room .#217 non Sm. @ a ARP rate of only 54.00 !!! great room for the price. the girls @ the front where helpful, very clean lobby & great FREE breakfast, w/ waffles, fruit ,yogart etc. we had supper @ a Asian all you can eat buffet down the st. This was our 1st time staying @ a Baymont & I was very pleased

Room Tip: We where on 2nd floor ,elavator ok,
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2011

nice clean average hotel. had a nicer breakfast than others.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed one night while on my way to medical appt at Vanderbilt. I found this King, Non-smoking room on Expedia as a "SALE" for $55. Hotel was very clean. Lots of pillows on the very comfortable bed, flat screen TV, coffee maker in room, decent HOT breakfast (free) and pet friendly if you need it. Staff was very friendly and easy to work with.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business