“Rustic Comfort”
other travelers have booked this property
Open Patio Area Boat Ramp - Swim Area - Easy walk across the street
Jacuzzi - hot tub room
Living Room
Master Bedroom
Covered Breakfast Nook
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kim T
Delray Beach, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 10, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Not easy access to the lake and no kayaks. There was very limited supplies that we were told were there. The place hasn't been kept up,my husband put up blinds in the bedroom that were just laying against the wall still in the box. The air return kept falling off the wall and the dryer switch was laying ontop of the dryer with exposed wires. Carpet and furniture were very dirty.This place and the owner were both very disappointing.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being with family
Liked least: Being decieved
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Oct 19, 2014
I just read your review and you never even stayed in this property. I have my emails showing I offered a full refund or another property I knew was available. This belongs to Another property owner whom I also gave the payment to. The website was given to you for your review and I did let you know there weren't kayaks but I'd be happy to let you use mine. This didn't work out due to the constant rain your entire trip. The one afternoon the sun came out for a couple hours I called to arrange meeting you. Then more downpours came and lasted the entire time. Any complaints you might have had, was due to the RAINY WEATHER, not the house or kayaks as they obviously aren't allowed in the water when raining. Now I suggest you remove this incorrect house review as this was your choice to take the this lake house rather than the full refund. Thank you Pam.
ciciley h
“the slanty shanty”
Reviewed September 9, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

we were comfortable enough, but do note the back half of the house is on a slant. like 7% grade slant. it's a frankenhouse-in 17 pieces and various add ons, levels, random windows, doors, etc. it's also across the street and up a hill from the water-not on the water. if we had known these things going in, we'd have been more comfortable (as far as expectations). that said, having 2 bathrooms was nice and the lake is lovely. plenty of room for our people. the large deck is nice and the hot tub was a treat. wifi and tvs all worked fine. we were able to sit down at the dining table and all eat together, also nice. the house was clean and climate was lovely.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
YankeeGal...
Detroit, Michigan
“Rustic Comfort”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

While the place is a bit rustic, there are all the amenities of home, including washer/dryer, AC, DW, Private Hot Tub, covered porch and even the community Big White dog that protects the place day and night. There is some beach equipment, including a two man kayak that we had to figure out how to hook the wheeled trolley to, but the neighbor across the way was extremely kind and offered us a life in his pick up. I will say my two favorite things about the place is the location 12 you see everyone go by and are in waking distance to the lake, and the kindly neighbor ~ well and 'Petey the Dog' of course (our name for him)! Only negatives: we arrived at night, EXTREMELY difficult to locate with no address visible, minimal to no signal for my ATT phone, and the floors were a bit uneven in the exterior rooms which made me a little dizzy and could be difficult to try to sleep in.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: parking/driveway
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Biloxi Mississippi
Reviewed February 1, 2013 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing