“Supreme Food”
Review of CHAR Steakhouse

CHAR Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 175 Restaurants in Cookeville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: CH Steak Lounge is a newly rebranded, locally owned and operated Steakhouse on the square in downtown Cookeville, TN. Boasting the best steaks in the region as well as the best all around dining experience in town, CHAR has quickly become THE local hot spot for great food, cold drinks, and the best live music in town.
Livingston, Tennessee
“Supreme Food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had the rack of lamb and it was cooked to perfection! I also loved to atmosphere. The service was also good. I highly recommend Char for a nice casual dinner.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank KariB310

Bristol, Tennessee
“Must have went on a bad day”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We walked in and the stench of stale beer smacks you in the face, it reminded me of night club and a not a restaurant. We opted to eat on the patio and we had to ask the server to wipe down the table and chairs. I ordered the prime rib sandwich and requested it to be cooked medium rare. The server stated it was a bad day for prime rib and I would have to settle for medium, that should have been my sign! It's more like a cheesesteak but without cheez-whiz. Will not go back.

Bon Aqua, Tennessee
“Perfect!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I came here as part of our 32nd Wedding Anniversary celebration & we were not disappointed. New York Strip was probably the best we ever had! Side dishes (vegetables & appetizers) were fantastic. Service (Ann) was great! Atmosphere was wonderful. Tiffany, the manager was really nice. We will make it a point to come here again when near Cookeville. Thank you.

Crossville, Tennessee
“Excellent Steak!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We are here for the first time yesterday and it was wonderful. I cannot say enough good things. The filet was one of the best I have ever had and was cooked perfectly and the service was very good. We will be going back.

Cookeville, Tennessee
“Best in town”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We went last on Valentine Day in February. The atmosphere is dark and romantic, the service was quick and always ahead of any needs we had and the food (Filet and Lobster Tail) was as good as any I have had in Cookeville. I highly recommend this for everyday eating or that special occasion.

• Visited February 2013