“Where the locals go”

Mauricio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 178 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant, formerly a residence, was built in 1910. It features hardwood floors, 12' ft ceilings, and 5 fine dining rooms, three with fireplaces. We have a full selection of spirits and over 20 selections of wine. We also have a patio that seats 25 guests. We host weddings, rehearsal dinners, showers and parties. When you dine with us, we want you to have a dining experience rather than the typical restaurant that tries to turn tables as quickly as possible. We serve each course separately allowing you to relax, take in the ambiance, enjoy a glass of wine and savor every bite of Italian cuisine. When you leave our restaurant, we want you to remember what it's like to slow down, enjoy one another's company and realize how nice and relaxing dining can be. If you have other plans after dining with us, inform your server upon arrival and we can speed up your service. Dress is casual and reservations are recommended during the week and especially on the weekends.
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We were visiting the area & someone local reccomended the place. We were not disappointed!!! The food was so fresh &prepared to perfection! I had the Chicken Mauricio & my wife had the Chicken Melanese - both were excellent in different ways. If we are in the area I will stop again!

2  Thank Soundadvice07

Reviewed April 16, 2011

Mauricio's was suggested to me by a family member as an alternative to the chain restaurants near the interstate. The menu covered a wide range of classic Italian dishes plus a few daily specials. The entrees (Chicken Mauricio, Shrimp Scampi and Italian Sausage & Peppers ) were prepared and presented to my full satisfaction. The wine list is somewhat limited, but adequate. The calamari appetizer was uninspiring. I didn't have dessert, but others in my party did and the results were 50/50.
The ambience of the restaurant is pleasant. The music is at a level that complements the attractive décor . Both inside and outside dining is available. We chose outside dining as the interior rooms were a bit dark and cozy for our group. The restaurant was not crowded at the time and the timing of the server was quite good. We had a very pleasant dining experience overall and would recommend this restaurant to my friends. Please be aware that a service fee is added to all credit card purchases. I was not informed of this at any time during my visit and I would have paid by cash had I known. This was the only complaint I have with Mauricio's. I do plan to return and would rate this restaurant very highly for the Cookeville area.

Been to Mauricio's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!