“Very Good BBQ”

Moogie's BBQ
Ranked #85 of 176 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My son will be attending TTU beginning this fall and we were in Cookeville for a couple of days last week for orientation. On a tip we went to Moogie's for lunch. This is a hole in the wall place a couple of blocks off the main drag. A small building with graffiti all over the walls, ceiling and tables inside. Pretty neat looking place. I had a loaded potatoe with chicken bbq on top. It was very good. My son had a bbq sandwich and he really liked it. I will eat there again when I am in Ccokeville.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

While traveling on I 40 , we searched for BBQ and Moggies came up with decent google reviews , so we gave it a try. As a party of four we all were skeptical upon appearance , but never less we gave it a go.BBQ was smothered in a generic type not sauce. Food was all somewhat pre prepared.Not what We were expecting based on the reviews. Everyone was dissatisfied .

Reviewed May 21, 2013

You can't drive past Moogie's without getting hungry from the smell of hickory smoke. The wings are superb - some of the best in town. Pork sandwiches are great, too.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our food tasted like it was either left overs from the night before, or had been cooked early that morning. for the price everything should have been freshly made.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

If you want excellent chicken wings in Cookeville, this is the place to go. It has sit down eating area, not very nice. We prefer to go orders.