“Great food, long wait”

Ranked #2 of 176 Restaurants in Cookeville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in on way thru Cookeville. Good rating on TA so we decided to try it. We had the bayou shrimp dip and it was really good. My wife had the crawfish Po boy and I had the cajun club. Both were excellent. The only reason I didn't give a 5 is the time it took to get our entrees. It was not busy so I felt like we should have got our food quicker.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Every time we eat lunch at Crawdaddy's, I have forgotten to bring my camera. On Wednesday 4/23 it was a warmish lunchtime and several people were even sitting outside in the patio. For ambiance, they had a bunch of Mardi Gras beads hanging from one of the trees.

We sat inside and Nicole was our waitress again! She is very attentive and super friendly. We had our usual lunch portion of Shrimp & Grits ($7.99) and Red Beans & Rice ($7.99)

Next time, I will remember my camera!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The food and drinks were excellent! If you come on a weekend, expect a wait for a table. But the wait was worth it. With everyone hanging around, you get a chance to meet others from the area and beyond. Big flavors of New Orleans with dishes that will bring you back. If we visit the area again, we will certainly stop at Crawdaddy's.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is good and there is an excellent outdoor area for the moderate weather occasions. They have a good selection of seafood and meats that are also well prepared. I wish the atmosphere was better, but the quality of the food makes up for it.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The food was very good and the quality was very fresh. However the service was incredibly slow. We were seated very quickly upon arrival, but that is where the speed of service stopped. We were a party of 6 and we were there 2+ hours...just entrees no appetizers. Several tables around us that arrived after us received their food much quicker than we did. I also witnessed one table with a party of 6 leave because of slow service. The waitress seemed to be very overwhelmed with table and could have used some help. I will come back next time I am in the area because the food is very good, but they need to work on their organization and speed of service. Our poor waitress was running all over the place.