“Gumbo was the "best ever!"”

Crawdaddy's West Side Grill
Ranked #2 of 176 Restaurants in Cookeville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was fun to find, while traveling cross country. Local restaurants are just the best! I don't know how gumbo could be the "best ever!", but my husband said it was! I learned to always put brown sugar and cinnamon on baked sweet potato. So good! My catfish was just a little too buttery/rich. One suggestion to the restaurant: get better french fries. There are so many good ones out there at other restaurants.
We were there on Halloween night, and I wondered if it was a "costume place" and we would feel out of place. Nope! We felt right at home, just like a local. We've put this in our travel journal as a place to stop.
Eat upstairs - more fun

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times. Service is overall good. Food is excellent for reasonable price. One of only a few good non-chain restaurants in town.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We've eaten here numerous times. If the weather is nice enjoy your meal in the courtyard. The food is good, great beer list. On our most recent visit the shrimp bisque was good but a bit salty. Shrimp and grits were seasoned well. Good service with the manager helping the servers.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

very good choice for a dine local option, recommend the tuna, or filet option great choices. The calf killer local beer on tap are also preferred selections. I have dined here many times and is consistently a winning choice. If the weather is nice eat outside.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Crawdaddy's had been recommended to my friend and I by another friend and they were not wrong. The service was excellent upon making our way to the hostess station. They seated us in a nice open accommodating room. We had an appetizer of homemade potato chips which were tasty!

I ordered the rib eye steak sandwich and it was delivered promptly with fries. It was definitely cooked properly and was "EXTREMELY" tasty! Unfortunately it was not very large and in fact was "much" smaller than I anticipated it would be for the price. The fries as well were seasoned and very tasty! I'm sure that a steak or seafood for dinner at this VERY popular restaurant in Cookeville would be delicious!

There also was outside dining available if we had wanted it. This was a very pleasant dining experience and definitely fit the bill for not the traditional chain restaurant experience. I'd highly recommend it!