“Great food, great service, great place!”

Crawdaddy's West Side Grill
Ranked #2 of 176 Restaurants in Cookeville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were out for a Sunday drive and ended up at Crawdaddy's...terrific find! I only wish they could pipe the live outside music inside! We were afraid to sit outside...thinking someone might light up and we don't want to be around smoke. It looks lovely outside though!
We started with tomato basil soup and stuffed mushrooms...both were very good! My husband had crab cakes. My son had a combo with catfish and shrimp. I had eggs florentine. All of us thought the food was excellent! Our waitress, Mary, was a delight!!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was not our first trip here....we truly enjoy the food, which is tasty and well presented. Typically, we will have a nice wine that is paired with our food. However, this evening I decided to try a margarita...what a mistake. It was without a doubt the worst margarita I have ever had the misfortune of sipping. But, to add insult to injury, the server never offered to give me something different, but basically ignored my full glass. I had the bourbon chicken with the fried green beans and cheesy garlic grits....wonderful. I have also enjoyed the tuna and the crab cakes on a previous trip. The ambience is lovely, like a NOLA street cafe...Just very annoying to pay over $5 for a ridiculously nasty beverage.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I ordered the too hot hot wings and a po' boy. The too hot hot wings were not even a little hot. They were served almost dry and they had been overcooked. Basically they were pretty bad. The po boy was not much better. The batter on the oysters was mushy and the bun was not quite fresh. I cannot suggest going there for the food, at least not the stuff I ordered.

1  Thank John T
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I was in town from Atlanta and stopped by for a dinner to go and a cold local beer. I sat at the bar and Gerrad suggested a local brew and I ordered some seafood to go. Great atmosphere, great food, watched some football, spoke to Gary Carter...yes, you heard it right. Really enjoyed it.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here while on a road trip. We started with drinks and the feta appetizer, which were delicious. I had a steak that was seasoned well and very tender. Service was helpful and courteous.