“Not just for Cajun food....”

Crawdaddy's West Side Grill
Ranked #2 of 171 Restaurants in Cookeville
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Crossville, TN
“Not just for Cajun food....”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place has three main dining areas....the upstairs is a bar type area and is very noisy. In the summer, the upstairs can be uncomfortably hot. The downstairs tends to be quieter and is broken up into smaller rooms, like an older home. The third dining area is a beautiful enclosed patio that is a great place when the weather permits.

I'm not a huge fan of spicy food, so I ordered the salmon Caesar salad. It was delicious. The salmon was very moist and perfectly cooked. Friends at the table ordered the Cajun sampler. The food was good, but nothing particularly special. I thought the prices were reasonable.

All, in all, it was a good place, but not one that I would make a special effort to eat at again.

• Visited July 2012

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Great food / slow service”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had to wait an hour for our AWESOME shrimp and grits and really good crawfish po boy. We were told that our ticket "got lost behind a large order ticket." Our waitress was nice - and checked for our order twice - but if you're in a hurry be careful. We will give it another try because the food was good but only one more try if the service is that slow again.

• Visited July 2012
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Crawdaddys. good Cajun and a challenging wine list”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Crawdaddys is a local restaurant in the heart of downtown Cookeville on the WestSide. The food is Cajun/Creole and very tasty. The prices are moderate, the winelist is tasty and varied, and they serve Calfkiller Beer, a local small brewery.

• Visited May 2012
Covington, TN
“Good Place to Eat”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A group of us ate at Crawdaddy's recently and came away feeling the meal was worth the cost. Outstanding item was the Shrimp Bisque as an appetizer. A cup is nearly a meal and it was very good. We ordered 5 different items: Crab cakes, Carpet Bagger Catfish, Grilled Salmon, Grilled Shrimp, and Shrimp and Scallops Creole. I had the shrimp scallops and they were good/not great. My wife had crab cakes and they were good. I didn't taste the salmon or grilled shrimp but both were good according to those eating them. The catfish is what I'll get the next time there. Blackend catfish with a lump crab cream sauce on it was very, very good. The bill for me and my wife was $60 that included the tip and a beer. All in all, we will go back and I would recommend it to friends.

• Visited June 2012
Lake Wales, Florida
“Best in Cookeville”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Wonderful food, great menu and nice ambiance. Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited June 2012