“Family loves the LaQuinta Inn and Suites” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Family loves the LaQuinta Inn and Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Again, our extended family came to visit over the Mothers Day weekend. We had three rooms booked at the LaQuinta and found the facility to be exceptionally clean. Upon arrival, the front desk had all the reservations in order and was always smiling, pleasant and asking if they could help in anyway. The rooms were plesantly appointed. The beds were fantastic, everyone advised that they got a wonderfull nights sleep. The breakfast was more than enought to start off the day. We have always used this facility as our home away from home when an abundance of family arrives and again it did not fail us. Also, the renovations turned out great. It had been a while since I was in the lobby and was surprised how great everything looks and the changes that were made. WOW! Again, thanks to all at LaQuinta for a fantastic weekend and for taking care of the family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank WeenjoytravelingUSA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Hotel changed from Country Inn to La Quinta. Moron from Country Inn mispelled name on res so problem on arrival.
Fortunately I had con# & desk person found res for all rooms.
Very accomodating. Rooms very clean, neat and functional. WI FI good.
Pool Hot Tub good, did have a dozen or so non guests wander in to use pool/HT, not cool.
Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
krp2b, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
I am glad that you did enjoy your stay. We will look in to non guest using the pool. We do not allow that at our hotel. Once again thank you and my apologizes on the non guest pool usurers.
Dover, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The hotel was clean and quiet - no construction or anything, they must have been finished by the time I stayed, and it shows because the hotel is very nice. I love the new modern style of La Quintas; the lobby, dining area and my room looked great. The staff were friendly upon check-in and also at check-out. The breakfast had an assortment of foods, both hot and cold. I will definitely stay here again when I pass through Cookeville.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelingGirl34
I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel. We did go through $500,000 renovation and I can say that it was well worth it. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Madison
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Having read previous reviews, we were aware that the hotel was undergoing renovations. The entry to the hotel is very retro and updated. Quite different from most hotels. The reservation desk is kind of strange at the moment but I presume it will be updated as well. Warning to those with allergies/ sensitive sinuses - paint aroma is a bit overwhelming depending on the stage of renovation. Painting was heavily underway during our stay. The first room we were assigned, the door was propped open as it was drying from being painted. The desk clerk admitted she had a list of rooms to avoid but she neglected to look at it. The second room we were assigned, the keys wouldn't work. After the third trip to the reservation desk, we finally got into our room. The door into the room was not fitted properly and the room was really cramped. The shower/tub were outdated and slippery, and there was no fan ... is that even legal? The bathroom door stuck to the floor in several spots. On the upside, there were nice furnishings in the room, the A/C was fairly noise-free and the room was quiet. Breakfast was the standard fare with the unexpected addition of some fresh chopped onion, green pepper and salsa to top your omelet or potatoes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Headwindtom
I do apologize for any issues you had during your stay. I do want to let you know that we have completed our renovation and would like for you to join our hotel next time when you are in this area.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at Country Inn and Suites as an impulse from driving across country. What a pleasant surprise. This hotel was obviously under renovation but it did not impede my stay at all. The room was excellent and clean.. Very nice for the price! The breakfast was hot and plentiful. The staff was attentive,knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I will DEFINITELY stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: any room at this location is excellent.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
krp2b, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you for the great comment. We are under renovation as we are becoming LaQuinta Inn & Suites. We should be complete by end of this month.
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

To say the least, I was NOT impressed upon check-in! This place is in the process of becoming a La Quinta, and they are renovating the entire lobby! There was no flooring of any kind, and we had to wind our way with suitcases back to the elevator, which we weren't sure was working since the alarm for it had been going off a few moments earlier.

Alas, I got to my room and was pleasantly surprised! The only rooms left were with two queen (or double?) beds versus the king beds from the last two hotels. Fine by me!

I only have two complaints: one is that the bathroom, while clean enough, did have the one thing in life that drives me nuts--hair on the sink!! Not just one long woman's hair or something I can deal with, but definitely a man's beard hair! Gross! It seemed to be only around the faucet handles towards the back of the sink, as well as near the plastic object where they stack the shampoo/soap/etc. I laid down a towel and put all my things on it instead of on the counter.

The other is that there are no plugs in between the beds on the nightstand. I ended up plugging my phone into the wall and laying it next to me on the bed, since it doubles as my alarm clock. Not a big deal, just one of those little extra things I like to have in hotels.

Otherwise, a good night's rest was had by all. The location is convenient to the highway, and there are plenty of options around for dinner. Breakfast was fine with healthy options, but the waffle making machine was broken by the time I got to breakfast, and the waffle iron was acting up. My Dad attempted a waffle but only half of it cooked.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
U.S.A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We've always had good luck with Country Inn & Suites, and this experience was no different. The beds were very comfortable, staff was courteous and friendly. One of the kids in the group thought he had left something in the room, and the person at the front desk called back after checking with housekeeping to let me know that they didn't find the item.
Buffet breakfast included waffles, fruit, yogurt, sausage & biscuits, etc. Very good! Convenient to the interstate, and a straight shot to Tn. Tech Univ.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business