“wonderful visit from Atlanta”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cookeville
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We came in from Atlanta, GA as well as family from Chicago and Blairsville, GA and we al truly enjoyed our visit. Rooms were awesome as was your staff and breakfast bar. My brother lives in Cookeville and we will return to your facility

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank joan c

Reviewed July 17, 2014

i stayed at this property twice in the last week while passing through the area...staff and accomodations always nice and friendly...if you go during the week, freshly baked cookies await you at check in...nice touch...i like the bright decor, good bed and good breakfast...the towels are of a good quality also. the hotel has easy access to the interstate and there are a number of the usual chain restaurants not far away but not within walking distance due to the traffic in the area.i will continue to use this as my hotel of choice when passing through...

Room Tip: one of my rooms was just outside the elevator on third floor but heard no noise even then...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank wanderer69_9
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a great facility; I highly recommend it. The bed was extremely comfortable and I found nothing lacking in the room. I was especially impressed with the breakfast selection which included scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, waffles, cereals, assorted breads and sweets, and oatmeal. The Fairfield Inn is a cut above its competitors in Cookeville and well worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I really did enjoy my stay at this Fairfield Inn. Rooms were well appointed and clean. I especially loved breakfast in the morning. The waffles were amazing, and I especially enjoyed the fresh fruit mix that was available every morning.

I was vising Cookeville for work with 4 other individuals. We booked our rooms three months in advance with one simple request... please put our rooms as near as possible. We had two separate stays, and on both occasions I was extremely disappointed that we were not placed anywhere near each other. In fact, I don't even think it would have been possible for us to be further apart. Upon asking the employee about it at check-in, he said "it's just not possible, we are booked". Well, I made those reservations MONTHS ago, so I really find this inexcusable. Also, there was a motorcycle convention in town, so not only was the parking lot full, but there was SO MUCH noise throughout the hallways/lobby/pool area and there were individuals in the lobby with open bottles of liquor. I think Fairfield Inn needs to maintain a professional environment that are out of respect for the people that are staying at this hotel for business.

Upon completing a satisfaction survey and voicing my complaints, I received an extremely generic email from the manager that he's sorry he's disappointed in my stay. That didn't solve any of my problems.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor far away from the pool if you want something quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jf158
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Very nice decor in the lobby, typical superior Marriott service. The 2 queen room we got was clean and spacious, with a microwave and mini fridge and sitting area. Comfortable mattresses too, I would highly recommend this Fairfield Inn & Suites!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stay at this hotel 3-5 times a year for work. The staff are wonderful, everything is clean, the beds are comfortable and the workout room, pool and hot tub are all in great working condition. Free breakfast, coffee and tea all day and cookies when you check in. For the price you won't find a better value.

• Stayed: April 2014
Denise F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you so much for the very high Ratings . Everything we do is aimed at making sure our gust have the best possible stay and I am happy that we succeeded..
We do hope next time in the area that you will come back and visit us again.

Denise Farmer
Assistant General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Cookeville, TN.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

After staying in the nearby Holiday Inn Express and Baymount Inn for weeklong visits now for many years, I have to say that I prefer the Fairfield by far. Greatly enjoyed our stay for the week before Memorial Day. Good clean rooms with very comfy queen mattresses. Esp enjoyed the indoor pool, small but more than adequate. Good staff interactions. Only complaints would be in the lack of breakfast variety throughout the week and rather spartan bath towels. Otherwise, ideal. We come to Cookeville every year and I plan on coming back!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family