“Great place during the holidays”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cookeville
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed over Thankgiving 2013 while visiting family. The staff was incredible. Room was ready and clean. There are not a lot of hotels in the area. It was night having Fairfield Inn available.
We will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Bruce A, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you had a good stay with us and look forward to your return. It is always especially rewarding to hear that special times like Thanksgiving are enhanced by your time with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights. Everyone was friendly, always smiled when I came in the door or when I would see them in the hallway. Very helpful with a place to have lunch. I stayed here a few years ago for a family reunion, great staff then, so I knew I would be back to this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Bruce A, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment s and ratings. We are committed to providing our guests the most welcoming environment possible and always try to meet or exceed expectations. We look forward to having you with us again and appreciate you for making interaction with guests a pleasure.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel at least 6 times this fall while watching our daughter play soccer at TTU. It is consistently clean, the staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast is decent. It is about 5 minutes from the campus, but very close to a number of restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Bruce A, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate our loyal return guests and look forward to your next visit. It is always great to hear from our guests via Trip Advisor.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The first person we met was Bruce Anderson at the front desk. We are pretty picky people and he made sure we had EVERYTHING we needed and smiled and laughed with us about it. We won't drink out of styrafoam, he went in the back and dug up some glasses.
The room was spotless and believe me, i bring my own bathroom cleaner and this was the first hotel that didn't turn the wash cloth yellow, gray or brown... (Disgusting but it's like that in most hotels). This place is so clean they use White Top Quilts so you KNOW it's clean. Gutsy move but I really like that.
Breakfast was great, but when I went to get the biscuits and gravy they had taken it away and explained they were only allowed to put out so many biscuits and when they were gone they had to remove the sausage gravy. I put two pieces of bread on a plate and they poured the gravy for me. :) That made me happy and I was glad they did. It was very good.
Thanks Bruce and crew for making this a great stay. (Your favortie Fruit and Vegetable... private joke)
Oh and the maid, I'm sorry I don't remember her name but when my boyfriend insisted on taking the room towels to the pool, she made sure we had fresh ones when we came back even though we had just checked in. Such a nice staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottCookeville, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the hotel and the staff! We make it our top priority to see to it that all our guests needs are met and especially enjoy the interaction with folks as delightful as you. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel staff were professional and friendly. The free cookies in the evening were a nice touch. The breakfast was adequate. The hotel is clean and good condition. The room is equipped with both a refrigerator and a microwave. Parking is very easy and plentiful....and free.

If you can find the Sams Club next to I-40 then you should have no issue finding this property. It's located right next door.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. I understand that we are somewhat off the beaten track, but your recommendation to look for the Sam's Club is most appreciated. Thank you for your positive comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was a nice hotel but difficult to find. It does not have a sign other than the one on the side of the building away from the main street. It is on a back road, across from Sam's. If we had not had a guaranteed reservation, we might have chosen another hotel. Our room (suite with two queen beds) was large and comfortable. Heating/cooling unit was a little loud but when I put on my CPAP machine, it didn't bother me. I am glad I brought an extension cord for it, however. Our room was close to ice machine and elevator but it did not disturb us. Breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage and other typical breakfast items. I was pleased with hotel and, now that I know how to get to it, I will use it next time I stay in Cookeville.

Room Tip: Do not despair if you have trouble finding this hotel. It is worth the extra effort with your GPS t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandratrip239
MarriottCookeville, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. We are happily in the process of getting a new billboard much closer to the hotel with better directions so that should assist others in finding us. For some reason our street address does not work in most GPS systems, but we are always ready to assist via phone with alternate address information as well as verbal directions.. We appreciate your kind comments and are extremely pleased that we will have the pleasure of your company again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was our first stay at a Fairfield Inn. The hotel was fully booked and yet the hotel staff did a very good job of making us feel at home. The rooms were very clean but, the rug in the room could use a shampoo. Our feet got pretty dirty when walking barefooted after a shower. The breakfast bar was good but becase of the sold out hotel they ran out of biskets and gravey. When I asked about it I was told they could not keep up with the rush and that maybe they could get some out later when the crowd died down. I came back about an hour later and they did have some out. They knew it was going to be a sold out night maybe the staff could have been better prepaired.

Room Tip: First floor and lobby got a little loud (most likely not so bad if the hotel is not full)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bruce A, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cookeville, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

First, let me thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We all look forward to these comments from our guests as a means of commending the things we do well and helping us see areas in which we can improve. The carpet throughout the hotel has just been steam cleaned over the last weekend. The breakfast staff has had your recommendations passed on to them, unfortunately, the biscuits and gravy are an optional offering that only comes around twice a week. We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you with us again.