“Amazing Front Desk”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Front Desk”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I had my husband and children with me. We stayed 2 nights. The young girl at the front desk, Karen, was amazingly helpful! Anytime we needed a good recommendation for where to eat or directions to anywhere, she was right on it. Great customer service! Breakfast was a bit bland, and appears that the hotel needs a little work, but good job on staff!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Brandi A, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Mae,
Thank you so much for your review! We pride ourselves on our optimal guest service here at the Comfort Suites. You will be happy to know that our property will be fully renovated by Fall 2012. We are looking forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Staunton
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The value and service was great. After a long drive, we stopped at this familiar hotel. True, it's not as new as some, but the price was $20 less expensive and the room was very clean, large, nice furniture, no smells, 2 queen beds, bedding just right with options and the room was in great shape with no flaws.
When we went to bed early there was a noise outside our room. I called the desk and he said he'd check on it, then did something to stop the noise and asked if it was better. I love quick responses and solutions with follow ups.
We had a great sleep.
The breakfast was the usual and served the purpose for an included breakfast.
I'd recommend this hotel for a Cookeville stay.
We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: upper floor in the back for quietness. check out the room before unpacking check the corners of th...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Brandi A, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us here at the Comfort Suites. We enjoyed having you and are happy your stay with us was extravagant! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is a 30 year old Holiday Inn they are trying to pass off as upper scale. Mold in the ceiling tiles and pealing wall paper. Beds are ok, rooms are dark. The entire place has the feel of someone cutting to many corners to make a buck. Front staff very friendly and helpful, housekeeping sub-par.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Brandi A, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Jonathon,
We apologize for the discrepancies you experienced during your stay here with us at the Comfort Suites. It is our goal to provide outstanding guest service and properties. You will be happy to know out property will be fully renovated by Fall 2012. Thank you for the compliment of our staff. We do hope to see you again in the future.
Brutus
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Lovely, clean room with GREAT queen size bed. Got the off season Manager's Special so the value I received was good. Agree with another reviewer the parking lot was small for size of the hotel. There are 3 hotels that share one driveway and there is a Comfort Inn right next door but my review is for the Comfort Inn Suites property. This is the newer of the two properties I believe. My experience was so good I was surprised to read other reviews of rooms being dirty with moldy bathrooms. I loved this hotel and will use it as my first choice when in the area again in the spring.

Breakasat and lobby area were very nice. Free wifi but I do remember it being a little slower than I would have expected. Did not use other ammenities so I can't comment on them.

Located near restaurants and shopping if that is what you need.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
California
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Front desk clerk was awesome, Zach, made us feel welcome and recognized me as a Diamond member of Choice. He offered us an upgrade to one of their larger suites.

Room was very spacious, pretty clean, but seemed on the verge of being dirty. Bathroom lighting was horrible, bed was comfortable, but needed to be flipped.

Opened the curtain in the morning and the window was so dirty I could barely see across the parking lot. Breakfast was standard fare, pretty fresh, nothing really special.

If housekeeping stepped up their game, this would be a great place to frequent, but it was good for the one night.

Room Tip: Check room before renting, make sure housekeeping has done their job.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This is a smoking hotel turned into a non-smoking hotel. I walked in my room and it took my breath away. I asked for another one room and it was better but the air conditioner wasn't cooling the room good. Of course, maintenance had gone home for the day and the guy didn't offer to move me in a different room. This hotel is not up to the standards of any Comfort Suites I've ever frequented. In fact, they had taken the sign off the hotel front. I don't know if they are prepping for a sale or maybe it had been sold. Don't stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to the interstate and looked better on cruise-by then most of the the others we were considering in the same area.

Though my husband and I were walk-ins and were only staying one night, the evening and morning receptionists were all very cordial, customer service oriented, and treated us as though we planned to be there a week.

Our room and bathroom were both very clean and well lighted and the bed, chairs, & sofette were all comfortable. There were also plenty of places to put our luggage on and the heater worked great, a major relief since it was a good bit chilly outside that evening!

The only problem we had was that the bedside clock couldn't be dissuaded from flashing on and off. Ended up unplugging it. Morning receptionist said the bedside clocks were new and a number of them were doing that and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I suggested replacement.

Breakfast was much like most complimentary hotel breakfasts, with the addition of hot items like eggs, waffles, etc. It was exceptional in that my question about whether or not the egg patties had gluten in them was met with a wonderfully cooperative attitude.....they don't contain gluten, btw :-)

We will definitely stay at this Comfort Suites next time we pass through or stop to enjoy the area for a few days

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple