“Good quality and very friendly staff!”
Review of Motel 6 Cookeville

Motel 6 Cookeville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stopped here around 10:30pm on our way driving from Missouri to South Carolina. The person at the front desk was very nice! They only had one room left that night, and it ended up being a King Suite. It was very spacious and great for the price!! The bed was very comfortable after we had been driving all day. The AC was cold, and the bathroom was nice and clean. Would definitely stay again if I ever go through Cookeville again!

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, ours was really spacious!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 2, 2014

What a difference two years make. We stayed at this motel 2 years ago for a motorcycle rally were not overly impressed. We stayed again this year for the same event and were please at the changes already made. New mattresses in all the rooms and just overall cleaner with material on site for additional upgrades. The owner went out of his way to be accommodating and all but one of the staff echoed his example. Looking forward to next year to see what additional upgrades have been completed. Would not hesitate to recommend this lodging to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I'm a believer in the Motel 6 chain. I've stayed in a few of them on my trip through Tennessee and they have all been spotless and perfect. This was no exception. Big, clean room. The AC was a old but it worked so I guess that's all that matters. TV was pretty low quality, a big flat screen that seemed to be in SD no matter what despite appearing to be an HD tv. There was a fridge and microwave, welcome additions. All of these things were weird off-brand appliances, but they functioned. Also, the room had some flaws, such as the cutouts of some of the outlet panels were off and some messy construction work here and there.

The important thing is the room was completely clean. Not falling apart, not old, not filthy, no stains. It was clean and well-maintained and if you just glanced, it looked good as new.

You know what this place, and all motel 6s in general, remind me of? A knockoff cheap product from Wal-Mart. It works and looks fine, as good as an expensive brand, it's obviously cheaply made, but it still does the job as intended. Now I'm assuming they have to keep up the maintenance on these seemingly cheaply-made places, but now that I've stayed in quite a few of these motel 6s and they all always seem like they are in fact well-maintained, I have to assume they do just that. The other thing I noticed about the few motel 6s I've stayed in is that I never heard my neighbors through the walls. This place was no exception, and I know for sure I was next to a family with lots of kids. No complaints there!

This place is also next door to a good convenience store and right next to a good selection of restaurants and fast food. When I checked in the desk guy was friendly and volunteered a lot of information on the surrounding area and told me of a few things to do that I was genuinely interested in seeing. It was much appreciated.

Considering the low cost of this room it is a bargain. Perfect stay, the old appliances are no big deal and the TV isn't a real issue in my opinion.

As stated in other reviews, GPS will try to lead you in a weird direction. Follow your GPS until you see the motel 6 then ignore it. This might be due to the fact that the roads directly in front of the motel are actually kind of confusing. It's hard to explain, but be careful when you get there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We came into Cookeville unaware of the "special event" and the coupon we had was not honored due to that event!! Ugggg it was 10pm on a Sat and we felt they were rude to not honor the coupon to out if state late Nighters! We left and went to Alpine in the same town and got a great deal with their coupon!!!

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Kim H
Reviewed January 21, 2014

But this Motel 6 is very good. Easy to find from the Interstate, our sat/nav wanted to take us in the opposite direction, but we could see it - so no problem.
First class check-in, good well presented reception area, the broadband failed early evening, not the motel's fault, but the young man in reception had the sense to ring the room to explain (as I was getting agitated ! ) It all came back up later. Well decorated and appointed room ( 113 ) .Good reception on the modern television. Recommended. Though I sometimes wonder where Motel 6 get their small non-absorbent bath towels ?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Since 2005, we have been spending our Christmas vacations in Cookeville visiting my retired brothers. In 2007, we tried the Country Hearth Inn (now Motel 6) and have stayed there ever since. The location is close to the main road. Many restaurants are a short drive away. We can walk to a few. Check-in is quick. The staff is always friendly and ready to help where needed, The rooms are not extravagant, but very comfortable. The building does not have the appearance of a cheap hotel. Parking has never been a problem. So far, we have had no trouble with loud noises or privacy. Before my last stay, I had cervical disc surgery 6 weeks prior. To help brace my head/neck while I slept, my wife asked for a couple extra pillows during the reservation phone call. When we arrived, I had 3 extra pillows waiting for me. We feel so comfortable there, we always ask for the same room on each visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The staff are super sweet. This hotel has been recently renovated and it shows. The pool was closed for some unknown reason during our stay. The lobby is gorgeous and it doesn't look like a budget hotel or at least not a motel 6 level budget hotel. If I ever find myself anywhere near the area again, I'm staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends