“Christmas Vacations”
Review of Motel 6 Cookeville

Motel 6 Cookeville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Since 2005, we have been spending our Christmas vacations in Cookeville visiting my retired brothers. In 2007, we tried the Country Hearth Inn (now Motel 6) and have stayed there ever since. The location is close to the main road. Many restaurants are a short drive away. We can walk to a few. Check-in is quick. The staff is always friendly and ready to help where needed, The rooms are not extravagant, but very comfortable. The building does not have the appearance of a cheap hotel. Parking has never been a problem. So far, we have had no trouble with loud noises or privacy. Before my last stay, I had cervical disc surgery 6 weeks prior. To help brace my head/neck while I slept, my wife asked for a couple extra pillows during the reservation phone call. When we arrived, I had 3 extra pillows waiting for me. We feel so comfortable there, we always ask for the same room on each visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The staff are super sweet. This hotel has been recently renovated and it shows. The pool was closed for some unknown reason during our stay. The lobby is gorgeous and it doesn't look like a budget hotel or at least not a motel 6 level budget hotel. If I ever find myself anywhere near the area again, I'm staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelinSuz
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Rooms seemed bigger, cleaner and fresher than most Motel 6's. Property is convenient, right off the road. Would stay again if in the area. Well worth it for $56.07 a night. Check in process seems to go faster at this place than any other motel 6 I've stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JeremiahHill
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My only complaint was the shower curtain rod being loose (missing a couple of screws), which caused it to sag and me to step on it frequently while showering in the tub.
Beyond that, the room was quiet - the hotel is conveniently located - the staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed 8/3/12 It cost $100.00 for the worst room ever. The microwave and refrigerator shared space with the toilet which had no lid or door separating them. The refrigerator was not running until the helpful clerk suggested pulling it out and seeing if it was plugged in. It was not. Of course there was some mold in it but it did run eventually. What really got me was even though the tub and toilet shared open space w/ the "kitchen" the closet had its own door! The cost was a total ripoff. It left such a sour feeling I 'll never stay at a Motel 6 again. Plus I wondered if the Health Dept should be made aware of the potential for cross contamination.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Maggie M
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Lobby looked super nice and the clerk was very friendly. The outside looked new until I got to my room. I stayed at the building with the "view into the woods" which is totally run down on the inside. I'm really not picky but that was too much for my taste.
The room smelled bad and the bed sheets had a few stains. There was hair on the towel and I had to clean the microwave in order to use it. I don't even want to talk about the walls and doors, carpet and furniture. (see pics) If I wouldn't have been so tired that evening I would have checked-out right away.
I don't know if there are rooms that are remodeled yet but nothing was mentioned at the time of check-in. I didn't see any bugs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Vatrenn A
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Came to this Hotel because the other one that I have stayed at raised thier rates to almost double (which my company would have hung me if I stayed there). Sam at the front desk was very nice and very business like. The room was very nice, and I been staying in hotels for 12 years now, and this wasn't your everyday Motel 6 room. I do check all the beds, bathrooms, and floors. All were very clean. Will be back next Month.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business