“Worst Hotel I've ever stayed at!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cookeville

You added Motel 6 Cookeville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cookeville
1100 S. Jefferson Ave., Cookeville, TN 38506 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn Cookeville)   |
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Cookeville
Arcadia, California
“Worst Hotel I've ever stayed at!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Lobby looked super nice and the clerk was very friendly. The outside looked new until I got to my room. I stayed at the building with the "view into the woods" which is totally run down on the inside. I'm really not picky but that was too much for my taste.
The room smelled bad and the bed sheets had a few stains. There was hair on the towel and I had to clean the microwave in order to use it. I don't even want to talk about the walls and doors, carpet and furniture. (see pics) If I wouldn't have been so tired that evening I would have checked-out right away.
I don't know if there are rooms that are remodeled yet but nothing was mentioned at the time of check-in. I didn't see any bugs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Vatrenn A

Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Came to this Hotel because the other one that I have stayed at raised thier rates to almost double (which my company would have hung me if I stayed there). Sam at the front desk was very nice and very business like. The room was very nice, and I been staying in hotels for 12 years now, and this wasn't your everyday Motel 6 room. I do check all the beds, bathrooms, and floors. All were very clean. Will be back next Month.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

This hotel is now a motel 6. The rooms were above average for the price which was lower than almost all the other hotels in town. Rooms were clean and comfortable

• Stayed November 2011
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stopped here as a middle of our trip place just long enough to get a few hours sleep. The first thing I found was a bug in the first bed ...and regardless of what other reviewers have posted, YES THERE ARE BUGS. I pulled back the sheets which were not even tucked into the mattress to check for further bugs and while I didnt see any more at the time the flimsy excuse for a mattress pad had a nasty blood stain on it. It was already 1 a.m. so we knew we wouldnt have to be there but a few hours for some shut eye so I checked the other bed and it appeared okay so we (attempted) to sleep in it. I got up during the night and found another bug crawling in the bathtub. Needless to say I didnt sleep much at all for worrying about what else might be in bed with us that I hadnt seen yet. The airconditioner in the room was old and bent, the small fridge reeked of an odor when you opened the door so we didnt bother to use it either. I dont know where these other reviewers were staying that gave this dive good ratings but the name and address were the same as where I am warning you about. It was so bad that I didnt even take a shower before leaving the next morning. The only good thing I can say is that the pool looked nice and clean but thankfully I wasnt there long enough to use it. We didnt partake of the breakfast either because just knowing what we did about the room was enough to say no thanks to the food. For health and safety sake I would avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank susanatra
Monticello, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

Would recommend to anyone. It is nice not dirty at all it is a older motel you would think it is run down but has been kept very nice. The room and bathroom were very clean. We had a great stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jannaanbruce
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Great price, clean room and a comfortable stay. First time staying at a Country Hearth, would stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank polly1993
Amelia Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

We were visiting family in Cookeville and stayed at the Country Hearth Inn, and were very surprise how clean, quite and comfortable the rooms were for the great price. Staff very helpful and friendly. We had 2 rooms for 2 nights, rooms had free WIFI, mircofridge and cable, which came in very handy with my family. We enjoyed the breakfast and Hot belgium waffles top the day. We will back in summer and this is were we will be staying.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business