“Lunch”

Cuisines: Soups
Columbia, Tennessee
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Love, love, love this little lunch shop! I believe I was told this is the oldest bldg in Columbia and it is cute. Food is good. Cafe clean. Staff nice. Price right.

• Visited December 2013

Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Sandwich Shop keeps it simple, makes it good!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

There are not too many places like the sandwich shop anymore. This may be the last of a handful of lunch counters in the US! We had driven past this little establishment many times while visiting the Square in Columbia, but decided we would 'try' the orange and white trimmed shop. Seating is limited, actually the best seats are at the counter. There are three tables, the one by the door is apparently permanently occupied (he is ALWAYS there) by a local gentleman!?!? Slide up take a quick peak at the menu and choose a sandwich (grilled cheese, club, bacon-egg-cheese, ham and cheese, ham and egg, etc.) to be made before your very eyes with all the care your grandmother would take after asking, "are you hungry, honey?" The everyday hamburger/cheeseburger Special (includes fries and drink) at 3.99 is hard to beat. Last visit I had the BLT (2.85). My wife had the cheeseburger special with curly fries. I shared her fries, there were more than enough for two. The sweet little lady working smiled and said, "I made sure there was enough for you to have some too!" Our selections were fresh off the seasoned griddle and most tasty! The only soup on the menu is Chili...I had hoped for some vegetable soup or even chicken noodle, but none to be had. Check your calories at the door, be willing to sit next to someone who may be a smoker and enjoy the moment! The Sandwich Shop is open 24/7 drop in on day for lunch or late night after your night on the town!

• Visited December 2013