“Excellent Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great little place on the square with thoughtfully prepared dishes and friendly staff. Food was good for everyone at our table. As a northerner, sweet tea can sometimes be so sweet my teeth ache. Once my waitress knew that, she came by every 5 - 10 minutes with a pitcher of sweet and a pitcher of unsweet in her hands to top me off with something not too sweet. And since we're talking sweets, do save room for their homemade desserts. The Chess Pie is to die for.

There are newer reviews for Square Market & Cafe

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful soup and salad. I esp love the tomato bisque. I enjoy bringing out of town guests but don't come at noon. Come early or you won't get a seat. The staff is really nice.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Great little restaurant on the square. Everything was fresh and delicious. The server was very helpful and attentive. I'll be returning.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband, daughter and I were traveling through Columbia, TN recently and stopped at the Square Market & Cafe after reading excellent reviews on the smartphone. This was a very pleasant find. The cafe is tucked into the corner of their lovely square downtown. Easy to park on the street, staff is very friendly and the food was excellent. We each had a half sandwich and soup combo for lunch. The special of the day was a shrimp po' boy and it was fresh and had good flavor. Soups are homemade and we really wish we had room for one of the homemade desserts we saw passing by! The owner stopped at our table to welcome us as she could tell we were not locals with our northern accents. She thanked us for choosing the Cafe and invited us back the next time we were near. Good food, average price, exceptionally nice people. A wonderful stop on a long road trip.

1  Thank HeightsKT
Reviewed April 2, 2013

When I want to have delicious lunch, I head to the Square Market. Delicious soups and sandwiches! Cute, quaint atmosphere, although it is a bit cramped. It's a good sign, though, that the place is always packed. There's a reason! Don't skip dessert!

1  Thank Joel-Lori-M

Been to Square Market & Cafe? Share your experiences!